Tundra or F150? Need opinions....from those that actually own them

Tundra or F150?

• Tundra 4X4 TRD Crew Cab 5.7L V8 FFV

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • F-150 4X4 FX4 XLT SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost V6

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters
The GM V6 4.3? Ummm, I hate that motor...lol I have seen it fail so so many times. My in-laws have had to replace theirs TWICE, and my maintenance manager swore GM off from that motor. We had one in a 1500 years ago, and it blew a head gasket relatively quickly. Just despise it. Low output, poor long term reliability, and crap on gas. I really have nothing good to say about it.

Really??? I had a 96 S-10 SS With the 4.3. That thing was a fast ass lil truck. I got 150K HARD miles outta that thing before I sold it. No complaints whatsoever. A few mods on that motor and I surprised ALOT of cars.

"Towing and Hauling

The Tundra doesn't have quite the towing and hauling capabilities of rivals like the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 or Ford F-150. The Tundra's max towing capacity is 10,500 pounds. That's a respectable total, but it is a full ton less than the Silverado's max rating. And the Tundra's maximum payload – 2,080 pounds – is about 1,200 pounds less than the F-150's."
US News Best Cars

What size bed is on that Toyota? It looks like 4'. I wouldn't want either of them, 6.5' bed minimum for me. Trucks are becoming less like trucks.

I have a regular cab with a 5 & 3 y.o. and I'm only now considering a larger cab.
The other half usually does the pick up and drop off.
It can be done.

Speaking from experience......I've never seen a Tundra with any major damage in a wreck. The F150's seem to crumble with any kind of contact from another vehicle or stationary object.

The Tundra's are tough as HELL.

Just what I've seen in my years of running wreck calls at work.

Back
Top Bottom