Unknowingly traded a stolen firearm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were it me, I'd offer the 1911 back on the condition that I was given incontrovertible proof that the P220 was indeed stolen and in LE possession.

That sounds like the noble thing to do, but I don't think it would necessarily be wrong not to. The trade was fair and square. It's unfortunate, but equal risk is assumed. I know I'd want mine back but wouldn't hold an established member to it. A new member, however, might be a different story.

Don't do anything until the authorities come show you that the gun YOU traded was stolen. There's nothing to show that the guy didn't already have a stolen gun and is setting you up for a loss. Make everyone prove everything first and I mean without any doubt.

I keep hearing horrible things about it....I've never used it. What's so shady about it?

Just the fact that transactions are essentially untraceable without computer forensics. I'm sure there are lots of honest sellers on there, but the format of the site leaves for little accountability. I don't believe there is a feedback system either, but could be wrong.

Don't do anything until the authorities come show you that the gun YOU traded was stolen. There's nothing to show that the guy didn't already have a stolen gun and is setting you up for a loss. Make everyone prove everything first and I mean without any doubt.

No doubt.

Do you still have the computer that had the email in it? You would be surprised at what a good hacker can pull off a cache or hard drive....like they say : the "e" in email stands for eternal. Even though you deleted it it is there somewhere. (Just saying this as a last resort to finding your proof if they push it)

Somewhere Lois Lerner and the administration just asked "Are you sure thats what the e stands for?"

Last edited:
Do you still have the computer that had the email in it? You would be surprised at what a good hacker can pull off a cache or hard drive....like they say : the "e" in email stands for eternal. Even though you deleted it it is there somewhere. (Just saying this as a last resort to finding your proof if they push it)

Unless you're the IRS then emails really do disappear

Sorry I had to

That's kind of exactly what I said. ;)

That's kind of exactly what I said. ;)

*Originally Posted by*rOmiLaYu*

Were it me, I'd offer the 1911 back on the condition that I was given incontrovertible proof that the P220 was indeed stolen and in LE possession.

Huh??? Am I reading this wrong?

ahh close enough. I just wouldn't talk to anyone until the cops show up at my door. No bull**** phone calls or anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom