Unknowingly traded a stolen firearm

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the one they checked from him is NOT the same one you traded to him......do you have a way to know that.

Great point. Which is why I keep photos of all my serial #s. If Augusta PD really does come, I'm sure he can find out.

*Originally Posted by*rOmiLaYu*

Were it me, I'd offer the 1911 back on the condition that I was given incontrovertible proof that the P220 was indeed stolen and in LE possession.

Huh??? Am I reading this wrong?

Perhaps. You both said the same thing. Romy just said it with one pinky up in the air. lol

OP as others have said, based on your side of the story, you will be fine.

And please do everyone on this website a favor, once you receive confirmation that all is well. Please come back and update this thread that all is well so we can have incontrovertible proof that a BOS is useless and a complete waste of time.

OP as others have said, based on your side of the story, you will be fine.

And please do everyone on this website a favor, once you receive confirmation that all is well. Please come back and update this thread that all is well so we can have incontrovertible proof that a BOS is useless and a complete waste of time.

You got it.

I traded the 1911 to November Sierra. I was not asking for the 1911 back. I later sold the gun to a friend who happens to be a police officer. He later pawned the gun . When he went to get the pawned gun back he was informed it had popped on the hotlist. I was contacted by a Jefferson police officer and told him where I obtained the gun. He told me he was turning all the info over to Augusta PD as that was where the reported theft took place. I called N.S. just to give him a heads up that they might contact him. Thanks.

video all of it,yeah a video and tag numbers.

Your not going far enough, why stop there. Make sure to tail the vehicle until it reach's the address given on the license so that you can verify that you were not shown a fake id. Nobody puts their real address on a fake id.

I traded the 1911 to November Sierra. I was not asking for the 1911 back. I later sold the gun to a friend who happens to be a police officer. He later pawned the gun . When he went to get the pawned gun back he was informed it had popped on the hotlist. I was contacted by a Jefferson police officer and told him where I obtained the gun. He told me he was turning all the info over to Augusta PD as that was where the reported theft took place. I called N.S. just to give him a heads up that they might contact him. Thanks.

You just made another step up the ladder in my book (my book ain't worth much). I just wonder if there might be a scam from the pawn shop? Someone would need to verify some numbers..

:thumb: Thanks for that. Well played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom