• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE 10/3 - Injunction covers all FPC members - ATF publishes their pistol brace rule

Are the admins going to tell everyone posting braced pistols in the classified section that, as of this morning, they are posting evidence of intent to commit a felony? I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with the rule or that you can or can't do whatever you want, but the rule does say, "Notwithstanding the 120-day compliance period, discussed above, the rule is immediately effective in that the Department may seek to enforce the NFA's requirements with respect to any new making or new transfer of a weapon with an attached “stabilizing brace” that constitutes a short-barreled rifle under the NFA."
So it seems that selling (or assembling) a braced pistol after the rule was published in the Federal Registry this morning would be the same as selling an unregistered SBR.
There are so many competing opinions of what this all means, it’s a little hard to enforce. How are we to say, for instance, that the traders are not indeed handicapped and perfectly legal to use one?
I am not speaking as a site representative as Okuma has not made his decision yet. I am only thinking out loud.

Just make it a requirement that pistol length rifles need to be posted without a brace on the buffer tube. I think that's easy enough.

I don't know that its something you need to "enforce" (totally up to the site if they want to make an actual rule or something), but I do wonder if people posting them are even aware of of the danger they could be placing themselves in. I suppose they're all big boys and girls, but not everyone has been following the developments very closely.

Just make it a requirement that pistol length rifles need to be posted without a brace on the buffer tube. I think that's easy enough.
Should also note that you wouldn't really want to even sell the pistol with the brace (not attached) in the same add, as that would be constructive possession for both the seller and buyer. You have 120 days to choose what to do with braced pistols you already have, but the 120 "grace" period doesn't apply to a braced pistol you come into possession of after the rule was published.

So, with their convoluted and arbitrary rules, couldn’t one be charged with constructive intent by the mere possession of both a legal AR pistol and rifle? Easy to swap the pistol upper onto the rifle lower.
I’m talking legal to their definition, not form 1’d pistol.

Back
Top Bottom