• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

UPDATE 10/3 - Injunction covers all FPC members - ATF publishes their pistol brace rule

Don't let anyone on here tell you to break the law.

Its no game when the jury who doesn't understand the latest news in gun ownership hears "illegal assault rifle"

Yeah It was a pistol, but, we know what happened.

The most nefarious part of all this is that the existing legal owners aren't grandfathered in, they need to basically admit guilt to a defacto ex post facto offense, where _if_ the form isn't processed in time, date -X ,there's an enforcement action taken. On your dumbness, and they have all the internet big talk to back that up, no?

If it goes to court, it would be construed that you just had an illegal assault rifle, no?

How much of the jury would know better?

YMMV, but Just saying.
It only takes 1 to get to a hung jury

It only takes 1 to get to a hung jury

Roll the dice at your own risk.

I
1674874988722.png

Roll the dice at your own risk.

I View attachment 5274042
On a serious note I don't care what someone else does or doesn't do, it is none of my business. If they want to comply and follow the demands of the government so be it, if they want to throw a stock on it and drill the third hole so be it.

So ignoring their ruling vs taking pictures and registering your weapon with the AFT is the same to you? I guess we all know which one you're doing 😂🤣

Just a quick note here... the picture were optional, and lots of folks here have registered SBRs, which is what a braced pistol becomes once the Form 1 is approved.

I never saw anyone give folks grief about legally making an SBR on here before this rule, but suddenly filing a Form 1 is boot-licking submission?

That's exactly what I intend to do regardless what some bureaucracy decides. I simply suggested a possible work around for those who don't want to modify or register their weapons. Apparently that suggestion upset some on here who seem almost as eager to criticize me as they are bend their knee to the whims of a government bureaucracy.

Unfortunately the work-around you give is already anticipated in the rule. If you go back to the olden days, before braces existed, the buffer tubes used on an AR pistol were a lot shorter than regular rifle tubes.

The new rule specifically says that LOP may be used to decide if a buffer tube can be shouldered, and is therefore a 'stock'.

Also, the ATF said someplace (forget where) that they expect the rule to be published on the 31st (this coming Tuesday).

1. Everyone needs to do what they feel is the right move for them
2. Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one
3. Some people here think they’re not just another monkey in the mud pit flinging sh** and pretending that theirs stinks less… we’re all in this mess together

Just my a$$hole opinion.

Are the admins going to tell everyone posting braced pistols in the classified section that, as of this morning, they are posting evidence of intent to commit a felony? I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with the rule or that you can or can't do whatever you want, but the rule does say, "Notwithstanding the 120-day compliance period, discussed above, the rule is immediately effective in that the Department may seek to enforce the NFA's requirements with respect to any new making or new transfer of a weapon with an attached “stabilizing brace” that constitutes a short-barreled rifle under the NFA."
So it seems that selling (or assembling) a braced pistol after the rule was published in the Federal Registry this morning would be the same as selling an unregistered SBR.

Back
Top Bottom