• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

USAA Auto Insurance Rates in the 3rd World State of Georgia? Help?

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
228   0
Reaction score
Am I just old as shyte or does this seem high to anyone else? No tickets in many many years, no accidents since hit by another driver (at fault, not me) in 2001. We drive old vehicles but they are maintained well. I'm aware some of the coverage amounts are a little higher than normal, but $182 per month for two cars for a 63 and a 53 year old seems too much to me. Any insurance folks care to comment? Is Georgia (or Macon) just a gigantic shytehole? Even in Chicago and San Francisco I never paid this much.

Ins Coverages 2019.png

ya not surprising

progressive increased my rates by about 100 bucks, so i called geico and got a 6 month quote from them.....lol 2100 dollars for 6 months.

needless to stay i stuck with progressive

There are a couple of possible reasons. The deductible seems low, $250 and $500. That increases premiums. Change that to $1000 and it would go down some. Also, credit worthiness is a factor nowadays. You can have a spotless record but they pull a bad credit report and your rates are higher. It's not fair but it's how they do business now.

Yep...same story. Both retired, zero tickets, accidents, or claims. Two vehicles.
Geico @$700 per 6 months. One old F150 truck (Liab only); one '19 Caddy XT5 crossover

Even my classic car ins on the Camaro went up $100/yr

There are a couple of possible reasons. The deductible seems low, $250 and $500. That increases premiums. Change that to $1000 and it would go down some. Also, credit worthiness is a factor nowadays. You can have a spotless record but they pull a bad credit report and your rates are higher. It's not fair but it's how they do business now.
That's the most puzzling part. I've no debt. My credit score is over 800. It's not as high as it was BECAUSE USAA made an inquiry when they pre-approved a $60K auto loan last year. It was 843.

Is it just due to the number of crap drivers or or under insured motorists in the great state of Georgia?

That's the most puzzling part. I've no debt. My credit score is over 800. It's not as high as it was BECAUSE USAA made an inquiry when they pre-approved a $60K auto loan last year. It was 843.

Is it just due to the number of crap drivers or or under insured motorists in the great state of Georgia?
yes

imagine all the not so professional lyft and uber drivers on the road

A lot of insurance companies have gone up lately.
It has a lot to do with several natural disasters and hurricanes from last year. Passing the price along to the consumer. I have USAA as well and although the price has gone up, I believe I will stay simply because once you leave, it’s very tricky to come back to USAA. My insurance is close to $600 a month for a family of four. That’s a lot of fun gun money being spent on auto insurance.

Back
Top Bottom