Vacationing in California, can I take my gun?

elloco07

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
1   0
Reaction score
Hello, I am visiting California. I was wondering if I take my gun with me. What are the laws for me carrying a gun and keeping in a house? I will have it in my luggage, locked in a case in the airplane.

I will be staying in a house but I want to take my gun to be safe better than sorry.

I took some with me to San Jose following the state laws along the way. After I got settled in there my niece, nephew, and I went to an real nice range and shot all day. $15 per person all day, free targets, free eyes and ears too. Local gun shop prices ok too except for 22 lr. No lead.

Two words, just don't ... places like San Diego and LA maybe as long as you never, ever try to take it out of your domicile and don't plan on using it for self defense ;)

but if you're going to northern california you might as well just bring your own handcuffs with you.

I use to live there...they have some screwy hand gun laws...have to dis-assemble and lock parts and ammo in sep compartments, or containers...felony violation...check laws before you go...

Make sure to check LOCAL knife laws .... CA doesn't have preemption on knife laws like we do here in GA .... California state laws are very good as far as knives are concerned
but lots of counties/cities have their own ordinances that can be draconian.

I spend way too much time stuck in califonia for work over the last 10 years or so and I usually refer to it as the Peoples Republic of California .... it's quite a drag if you want to celebrate
any kind of freedom saving the first amendment ;)

ok, thanks. Guess Ill just bring a big knife.

Back
Top Bottom