• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vintage handguns and those who still carry them

15 years ago, I carried steel cased .45 acp ball Ammo from WWII.
Dated 1943, I think.
Carried it the 1970’s vintage 1911 that didn’t yet have a feed ramp and throat job and didn’t always feed hollowpoints reliably.

image.jpeg
For messing around I like to carry the I frame S&W in .32 S&W. Great pocket guns.
Speaking of pocket guns; I recently acquired and started toting a Beretta model 418 in 25acp. Not a smoking cartridge, but it's better than a .22 and is so small it makes a wonderful "get off me" gun.

View attachment 1342075
Speaking of pocket guns; I recently acquired and started toting a Beretta model 418 in 25acp. Not a smoking cartridge, but it's better than a .22 and is so small it makes a wonderful "get off me" gun.
Shot the .22short minx tonight. Love the cats and little berettas

I want to get a .32 caliber S&W revolver, the “I” frame, 3” bbl., dating to the 1920’s or 1940’s. I would carry that.
Loaded with Buffalo Bore hard-cast wadcutter bullets.
My wife inherited her Grandmothers .32 S&W, used to belong to her husband (wife's Granddad) before he died. He carried it in his overalls pocket with a filed off front sight for a quicker draw, they say he was one bad hombre that most folks were pretty scared of. I'll try to remember to get a pic of it tomorrow, it's nickle plated with scratches all over & sports real mother of pearl grips too. Rumor has it he shot a couple of folks who tried to rob him one time.

This is my vintage carry option. Feel free to drool. And yes, it is an alloy frame Nazi Police PPK. And no, I was not the dumbass that ruined the collector value of a piece of history. I just happened to be the one to turn it into a very unique carry piece.

Attachments

• 788FFFAF-DA74-4BA0-A4AF-490811E08A5A.jpeg
    788FFFAF-DA74-4BA0-A4AF-490811E08A5A.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom