• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Waffle House Customer Shoots and Kills Armed Robber.

Yeah, but they had WAY more options and plenty of time to consider their actions on the poor misunderstood young man.

Tell me who is outgunned in each scenario:

Pair of dudes with pistols vs. unarmed Waffle House employees
-or-
One dude with a pipe vs a group of a group of cops and dogs armed with handguns, tasers, and pepper spray.

You know I'm just against shooting guys eating pavement, I don't expect anyone to go out of their.way to.protect a criminal, I imagine that is what bothered most people not the initial shooting.

You know I can see that, but this same reaction is more of a constant then an exception. The reason being that it takes just as long to stop an action after the decision to act is made. The cop was in fear of his and partners life he made the dcision to act and acted on that. He had a problem transitioning to from the tazer to handgun but was intent on action that most of us agree was appropriate,but as he was intent on that action before the suspect possibly (he was out of our site hidden from view) stopped his actions, the officers actions are not grossly in appropraite.

You know I can see that, but this same reaction is more of a constant then an exception. The reason being that it takes just as long to stop an action after the decision to act is made. The cop was in fear of his and partners life he made the dcision to act and acted on that. He had a problem transitioning to from the tazer to handgun but was intent on action that most of us agree was appropriate,but as he was intent on that action before the suspect possibly (he was out of our site hidden from view) stopped his actions, the officers actions are not grossly in appropraite.

SOOOOO, what your saying is that its fine for cops to protect one another against a guy with a pipe by use of deadly force, but its not ok for a CCW holder to protect themselves and others by use of deadly force when having a gun pointed at them?

Terrible thing to happen but glad that apparently no 'innocent" person was hurt.
Although it's hard to really understand how it went down w/o talking to the witnesses & shooter, it seems like the view from Law Enforcement so far is that the shooter was justified.
Should he have stayed out of it & let them rob the place? Maybe... & maybe not.
Would he make the same decision again in that situation? Who knows? Hindsight is 20/20.
While he will have to live with his decision he, as well as the customers who survived, will get the ability to live with it.
Some of my business partners & I used to go to W.H. frequently & many times I would mentally visualize that kind of scenario... angles of fire, cover & concealment, backstops, exits, etc. & even though he had them at gunpoint there were two of them so I bet his adrenaline was pumping pretty hard.
That obviously was a very dangerous situation that he interjected himself into. There are so many variables that could have affected the outcome... if a customer or employee had been shot or killed by the exiting bullet(if it exited or missed), if the 2nd perp, had been armed, if there had been a THIRD perp. behind him, if a cop mistook him for the bad guy...... if, if, if, if, if.
This is a good example & reason for everyone who carries to use & imagine the various scenarios that you find yourselves in to think about WHAT WOULD YOU DO if "this" happened or if "that" happened.
Although it is not the most typical scenario most people imagine, this also bears out the reason why we spend quite a bit of time in our classes learning how to fight with a gun inside of ten feet as opposed to just shooting one from 10 yards. There is a big difference between the two.

With so many people carrying now I believe we will start seeing these instances more & more.

if I wasnt there I wont 2nd guess it . I am just glad the good guys won................damn highpoint owners ..............robbing that fine dining establishment

Back
Top Bottom