Water

here you guys go. I guess the proper name is a sandpoint well

[video=youtube_share;6yIX-YCNKh0]http://youtu.be/6yIX-YCNKh0[/video]

This is what the sandpoint or garden spike looks like.
[Broken External Image]:

- - - Updated - - -

Little bit of New Mexico gonna blow all your southern minds. ;)

You should see my weed burner. ;)

Here in Georgia almost every house has 20k+ gallons of water in the back yard in swimming pools and nobody ever thinks about it. A swimming pool is an awesome discrete way to store large amounts of water.

I think I heard on the news they recently arrested a guy filling his pool. Seems he tapped into the fire hydrant and was getting water from there to fill his pool. Someone took offense to it. He has to pay for all that water he took plus a pretty good sized fine. I wonder how long it would take to fill a 20K pool with the garden hose.

I think I heard on the news they recently arrested a guy filling his pool. Seems he tapped into the fire hydrant and was getting water from there to fill his pool. Someone took offense to it. He has to pay for all that water he took plus a pretty good sized fine. I wonder how long it would take to fill a 20K pool with the garden hose.

Takes us about 2 days. I guess it could be faster or slower depending on your water pressure.

on the flip side... once folks get desperate for water... it is not so discrete. At some point someone is going to say "I need ****ing water... that guy has a pool"

Being a necessity for life, a pool could paint you as a target too

or if... you like eating people... it would be like hunting deer over corn:)

Or Fish in a Barrel :cool-new:

OK, I have what is probably a dumb question but I'm going to ask it anyway. My property in West Georgia is 1/2 acre and sits atop the same granite plate that Stone Mountain is on. There is a rock quarry a few miles away and when they blast we shake, but the plate must be pretty far down since we have dug down at least 15 feet and not hit rock. Now for the question, I have a septic tank with a water holding tank and then a leach field in the upper right quadrant of the rear of the property. If I sank a series of the sand pipes and went deeper than the leech field, would any water that I might hit (or not ever hit) be secure from the water that comes from the leach field (about 2 1/2 to 3 feet deep)? I don't want to be drinking that water but do have a big berky water filter and other means of filtering so water from the field that has leeched down into the ground could be made usable (not sure about drinkable).

How much water do you think you can get out of it?

Yes by the way my mind is blown you NM Fellers are pretty smart; I always thought you had to go 60 or 70 feet to get an decent water

No harder than driving a metal T post. I did it in a couple of hours. Just checked, I'm at 16 feet.

Back
Top Bottom