Water

No harder than driving a metal T post. I did it in a couple of hours. Just checked, I'm at 16 feet.

Another question (yes, I've been told I'm full of them or it). I have a post pounder that I use to put in the line post for my chain link fence. It's just a weighted pipe with handles and you put it on top of the post and then bring it down with force and it drives the post. As long as the spike isn't too big around for the pounder, does that sound like a viable option for Georgia clay (and granite)?

Doh' color me an idiot, I should have watched the rest of the video, since that's how you sunk yours. Sorry....

Last edited:
, I have a septic tank with a water holding tank and then a leach field in the upper right quadrant of the rear of the property. .

I'm wondering the same thing about my field lines. Where I'm thinking of putting in a well is higher than the point where the lines are buried, so I'm hopeful of that making it ok. A call to the County Extension Office might be in order.

Also wondering if any permits, etc are required for this...

Neighbors' septic systems, if close enough, may also present a problem as well, depending on their placement.

I would think, as long as you're a reasonable distance away and not directly downhill from it, normal conditions would keep things fairly safe (but what's a reasonable distance???)
With such a shallow well, if there was a flood, like we had here in 09, it would probably present a problem for the well no matter where the septic system is.

Last edited:
How much water do you think you can get out of it?Yes by the way my mind is blown you NM Fellers are pretty smart; I always thought you had to go 60 or 70 feet to get an decent water
I can get it faster then my garden hose provides, but run it dry in about 20 minutes. It takes a couple hours to "recharge".

Another question (yes, I've been told I'm full of them or it). I have a post pounder that I use to put in the line post for my chain link fence. It's just a weighted pipe with handles and you put it on top of the post and then bring it down with force and it drives the post. As long as the spike isn't too big around for the pounder, does that sound like a viable option for Georgia clay (and granite)?
That's what I used. Watch the video.

Got a big water storage in my back yard, i keep a mesh cover over it so rain water can refill it and continue to run the pump with chemicals thru out the winter.

Fascinating stuff. However, Mr. Sharpshooter, since you have creeks on three sides of your property, why do it at all. Seems that you have perpetual supply of water.
They don't always have water in them nor is the water quality on par with what comes out of the ground.

More honest answer, I had the sand point and didn't want to throw it away. I really have no reason for having it other than it was something to do. I never use it.

Back
Top Bottom