• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well Kyler Murray beat Tua for the Heisman.........................

Maybe if Tua played more than 2 quarters in every game the numbers would be different.
QBR and yards per completion, etc, have nothing to do with how many minutes a QB plays. :confused:
Murray had better stats and he shined at the 11th hour in their bowl game, Tua did not. Tua got beat by someone with slightly better numbers. It's really that simple. Any other years with those numbers Tua would have stood alone.
When they played head to head Murray had more yards by a material amount (417 vs 327) and had 3 TDs vs Tua's 4. Tua had a better QBR.
Would Murray have had those numbers in the SEC? "Probably not", but based on his performance against the vaunted Bama defense I don't think that's a given either. I just don't understand the need for Bama fans to discount the kids ability (or inflate Tua's) just because he wasn't wearing the right shade of crimson.
He's an amazing talent (they both are). Hopefully he'll have an incredible career in the Majors.

QBR and yards per completion, etc, have nothing to do with how many minutes a QB plays. :confused:
Murray had better stats and he shined at the 11th hour in their bowl game, Tua did not. Tua got beat by someone with slightly better numbers. It's really that simple. Any other years with those numbers Tua would have stood alone.
When they played head to head Murray had more yards by a material amount (417 vs 327) and had 3 TDs vs Tua's 4. Tua had a better QBR.
Would Murray have had those numbers in the SEC? "Probably not", but based on his performance against the vaunted Bama defense I don't think that's a given either. I just don't understand the need for Bama fans to discount the kids ability (or inflate Tua's) just because he wasn't wearing the right shade of crimson.
He's an amazing talent (they both are). Hopefully he'll have an incredible career in the Majors.
Opinions vary

I posted them. You quoted it. :confused:
Murray had materially more yards of offense, Tua had a better QBR. I wonder how Tua would perform against Bama's defense? :pop2:
giphy.gif

I posted them. You quoted it. :confused:
Murray had materially more yards of offense, Tua had a better QBR. I wonder how Tua would perform against Bama's defense? :pop2:
Lol...guess we'll never know...and IMO the best tide defense was the '92 defense...but I'm SOMEBODY will argue that

I'm impressed with AlabamaMag.com's objectivity. ;)

Ha ha - but some points are valid. All that matters to me is wins/losses. Sometimes it's ugly, sometimes it's graceful. I do think Tua's numbers bested Kyler for the Heisman on a per play basis. Kyler played every down and Tua didn't even come close.

Back
Top Bottom