• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Were you caught with your pants down?

No. We are country folk. Have always had big gardens and can and freeze all our vegetables. Have chickens for eggs and meat. Plenty of deer, squirrel and rabbits on our property. Have a well, 2 fridges and 2 big freezers. Our lives have not changed except for not eating out.
That and a safe/cabinet full of guns is my idea of prepping :thumb:

No. We are country folk. Have always had big gardens and can and freeze all our vegetables. Have chickens for eggs and meat. Plenty of deer, squirrel and rabbits on our property. Have a well, 2 fridges and 2 big freezers. Our lives have not changed except for not eating out.
Same here.

That and a safe/cabinet full of guns is my idea of prepping :thumb:
Well, that goes without saying. My Pop Pop had me shooting a Winchester .22 when I was 4. I have always had a gun or 2.....until that awful day out on my boat. And then, I found out my boat was stolen prior to me buying it and it was impounded.

I saw what kind of animals people could turn into during Hugo's aftermath. I've been "prep'd" since Nov. 1989.

I moved to Savannah in Oct. '89. Many Carolinians were renting apartments in Savannah. I had heard the stories of people selling chain saws, etc. for many times what they would have sold for new. A few weeks later I went on a business trip that included driving many miles along Hwy 17 through NC. I had never before or since, seen in person so much destruction. I was a true believer after that. The only hurricane party that appealed to me from that point on was one located in Montana.

Face it! As far as SHTF scenarios this was a cake walk. You had electricity in your house, running clean water, grocery stores open with stocked essentials, no fuel shortages, and no bands of bandits roaming with nothing to lose. If you had ANY difficult with this one, you would be worm food by now during a grid down event.

Face it! As far as SHTF scenarios this was a cake walk. You had electricity in your house, running clean water, grocery stores open with stocked essentials, no fuel shortages, and no bands of bandits roaming with nothing to lose. If you had ANY difficult with this one, you would be worm food by now during a grid down event.
But this is only the beginning. We have no idea what is to come. I am not being defeatist or paranoid, just keeping my eyes open.

As Yogi Berra once said” It ain’t over, till it’s over”.....

Back
Top Bottom