• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What’s the worst accidental discharge you have seen!

So glad to see I am not the only one who had a less than stellar moment with a gun. Not something most guys want to admit....lol. On the bright side of all this , if there is one, I am willing to bet we are all now some of safest people on the planet. Since that day I handle my weapons in a totally different manner. I can HONESTLY say I KNOW IF THERE IS A ROUND IN THE CHAMBER OF ANY GUN I AM HOLDING. I look and look again and again. Never have forgotten that day.

I shot a hole in my closet door with a partially stripped 10/22 of my fathers. I was taking it apart to pull the barrel to send off to be threaded. I pulled the mag, racked it 3 or 4 times, removed the stock and decided to click the hammer down and BANG! Apparently it had not been cleaned in so long that a black sludge had built up on and around the chambered round to the point it looked like the chamber and the extractor could not grab it to get it out of the chamber ( I had to tap it out with a cleaning rod after it went off.) Scared the absolute shiiit out of me. Now I stick my finger in the empty chamber to make dam sure.

I shot a hole in my closet door with a partially stripped 10/22 of my fathers. I was taking it apart to pull the barrel to send off to be threaded. I pulled the mag, racked it 3 or 4 times, removed the stock and decided to click the hammer down and BANG! Apparently it had not been cleaned in so long that a black sludge had built up on and around the chambered round to the point it looked like the chamber and the extractor could not grab it to get it out of the chamber ( I had to tap it out with a cleaning rod after it went off.) Scared the absolute shiiit out of me. Now I stick my finger in the empty chamber to make dam sure.

LOL>>Nothing like a rifle going off in a room. I swear you would of thought a f...ing tank just shot a round off in my bedroom. I instantly went deaf. I was in shock for a second. I could not believe what the hell just happened. Then when I realized I just shot a bullet into the apartment next to us that's when I was like Oh **** and panic mode kicked in. What was so odd is the apt complex being so easy going about it. "Oh it happens all the time don't stress out about it. I'm thinking lady until we enter that apartment and I know no one is hurt or worse dead I'm stressing ...so let's get a move on and go look. Thank God no one was home. The people who lived in the apt never said a damn word to me about it. I am with ya...scared the **** out of me too!

They say the two loudest sounds in the world are click when you think bang, and bang when you think click. I'd have to agree.

Back
Top Bottom