• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What’s the worst accidental discharge you have seen!

Mine was fairly recent, attending an AR tactical class. There was a group of 6 or so Vietnamese (I believe) that were family. There were two females, one older and one I'd say 14-16 years old. We hadn't even starting the class yet, were just lining up at the 50 yard line. We had already been instructed to unload and bring no ammo with us for our rifles or pistols.

I was standing on the line...the entire Vietnamese family to my left, the rest of the class lined up to my right. It was if in slow-motion, I glanced over and saw her hand go to her pistol, she began to draw it, her finger immediately going to the trigger as she let the gun lower to her side, muzzle down and then BOOM!! She shot a round directly into the dirt with 16 other people within 1 to 20 feet of her.

I was in such shock I didn't even flinch...just stood there with my mouth open going, "Did that really just happen?" Followed by, "Am I going to make it out of this class alive?" Finally thinking, "Well now I understand why at least 3 or 4 folks in the class had body armor on..."

It scared the **** out of the girl and I watched her the rest of the day fairly regularly and she didn't have any additional mishaps or poor trigger discipline.

Purple heart, honorable discharged and retired on the tax papers coin I take it.

No Purple Heart, Other than honorable discharge (not sure if that Soldier waited their time to go through the process to have it upgraded to an Honorable Discharge. Unaware of current status of him receiving benefits.

Respectfully
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the finish of a 3 gun match, my wife was holding her G35 ready to unload and show clear, the RO, got confused and told her to point the pistol down and pull the trigger. She did and a 40 cal round went right thru the clipboard on the table, and the table. Then the RO, sheepishly said, unload and show clear. NO DQ, following RO's command as required.

a Guy in my hunt club bought a flint lock civil war reproduction pistol, He shot it a few times showing off, on the forth attempt it miss fired, He waited a few seconds and after nothing happened he holstered it. Well you guessed it, It went off as he was turning to walk back to the camp fire.. The ball went thru the back of his calf, came out about the top of his boot then lodge in his heal, He still limps to this day.

Back
Top Bottom