• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What’s the worst accidental discharge you have seen!

I had just purchased a single action 38 special revolver that was made by rohm. I had put it in the glove box after loading it for some reason and at a red light I asked my wife to pass it to me. She grabbed it from the glove box and it went off with the round flying just in front of my face and just above my left forearm. it landed in the driver side door of the Ford escape that I still own. The hollow point did not manage to go through to the other side. There is a big old bump sticking out of that side though and you can hear the bullet rattle when you open and close the door. I always wondered why or how that thing went off I think she grabbed the hammer and let it slip a little bit and it must have been just enough Force to set it off. And for those of you asking yes I only loaded five. Sold the gun the next day.

Not a bad one but it could have been. My buddy starts telling me how he NEVER places a loaded rifle into the safe. Then he tells me how after a few beers one Saturday evening he decides to wipe down , admire, fondle a few guns so off to the safe he goes. Well apparently he grabs an AR 15 dry fires it , wipes it off and back it goes. Then he grabs an M1A , same drill back she goes, Then he grabs a PSL points at a gallon of paint on a shelf and BOOM , blows paint all over the dam basement, nearly deafens himself and causes his wife to turn gray suddenly.
However he NEVER places a loaded rifle in the safe........

I have an old 32 winchester. I was ejecting rounds in my 12x12 apartment bedroom like in the old western movies right..?. It goes off. Ears go deaf...talk about loud. Shot a hole through the wall into the apartment next to us. I was freaking out. I call the apartment complex office and they are like..ok..no problem. It will cost you 50 bucks. I handle this hair trigger gun differently ever since. Thank God no one was home next door. A learning moment for sure. I was a young kid and from that day have a new respect for guns. The apartment complex says it happens all the time....hmmm. lol

When I was in Iraq in 2003, my company was doing a raid on suspected al qaeda compound and one of the guys from another platoon manning a mk19 at one of the cordon locations had a ND with it. One round detonated, the other did not. No one was hurt. But after the raid, it was all hands across the desert for that dn unexploded 40mm. It was never found.

When I was in Iraq in 2003, my company was doing a raid on suspected al qaeda compound and one of the guys from another platoon manning a mk19 at one of the cordon locations had a ND with it. One round detonated, the other did not. No one was hurt. But after the raid, it was all hands across the desert for that dn unexploded 40mm. It was never found.

11b? You said hands across.... not many know what that is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a bad one but it could have been. My buddy starts telling me how he NEVER places a loaded rifle into the safe. Then he tells me how after a few beers one Saturday evening he decides to wipe down , admire, fondle a few guns so off to the safe he goes. Well apparently he grabs an AR 15 dry fires it , wipes it off and back it goes. Then he grabs an M1A , same drill back she goes, Then he grabs a PSL points at a gallon of paint on a shelf and BOOM , blows paint all over the dam basement, nearly deafens himself and causes his wife to turn gray suddenly.
However he NEVER places a loaded rifle in the safe........

It's ALWAYS the "unloaded" ones.

Loaded the 30-30 from a new box of ammo and went out back to hunt.
Saw nothing, came back to the house and levered the rounds out onto an unmade bed.
Gently lowered the hammer and put the gun in the rack.
Came up one round short when putting them back in the box.
Shook the bed covers, checked the floor and still couldn't find that round.

Yep, that round was sitting in the chamber, luckily I had gently lowered the hammer.
Scared me pretty good, I was quite sure I saw all the rounds eject .....
Lesson learned, eyeball the chamber and magazine.

Before the Gen4 Glocks came out, there were aftermarket beaver tails on line, so my gunsmith wanted to see one installed. At his shop, I wanted to bring the weapon inside UNLOADED, however when trying to pull it out of the backpack, the new beaver tail got stuck on the clear stitch string from the zipper. Tried pulling the weapon out, but due to the clear string, did not see any obstructions. Got careless, pulled it out fast and quick, and I assume muscle finger memory, BOOM! Left hand was holding the backpack and .40 Black talon made its own way, passing through the left index finger first. Being around guns for almost 50 years, this was my first.

Hope you all learn never to be hesitant when a weapon gets stuck, think before you pull - SAFETY FIRST!

Attachments

• gsw2.jpg
    gsw2.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 29
Back
Top Bottom