• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What different threads does Ruger put on 10/22s?

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
228   0
Reaction score
I purchased a Ruger 10/22K last year with the idea that I'd use a Guardian suppressor on it. Wrong. Like most things Ruger this is non standard and I cannot thread the suppressor onto the barrel. It's not 1/2" X 28. I can find no information on varying thread sizes on these rifles. It's much more coarse than 1/2" X 28.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I remember a couple of years back reading on some forum that Ruger either screwed up and released or sold some overstock European barrels or whole guns. I think they were 1/2 x 20 or 24 pitch.

I wonder if that is what you have because it should be 1/2 x 28.

I remember a couple of years back reading on some forum that Ruger either screwed up and released or sold some overstock European barrels or whole guns. I think they were 1/2 x 20 or 24 pitch.

I wonder if that is what you have because it should be 1/2 x 28.

I think that's EXACTLY what I have. I compared the thread protector to the insides of the suppressor and an AR flash hider. The Ruger thread protector is WAY more coarse than either of the other two items. An AR flash hider will NOT thread onto the barrel so I might have one of those odd balls. Back to the shop it goes (I think they'll take it back).

I think that's EXACTLY what I have. I compared the thread protector to the insides of the suppressor and an AR flash hider. The Ruger thread protector is WAY more coarse than either of the other two items. An AR flash hider will NOT thread onto the barrel so I might have one of those odd balls. Back to the shop it goes (I think they'll take it back).

Or call Ruger. They will most likely replace it.

Back
Top Bottom