• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What does the FBI really say about gunfights?

HeadHunter

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
157   1
Reaction score
Being the quant that I am, when I see the misinterpretations of FBI statistics, I get really annoyed. Personal Defense Network has published my article about what the Bureau does and doesn't say about 'gunfights.'

The short answer is the first line of the article: "Not as much as many people would lead us to believe."

Not as much as many people would lead us to believe. We frequently hear claims like: “Check out the stats, man, it’s always at 20 feet or less, and nearly always at 10 feet or less.” Or “that zero to three feet distance that most gunfights take place at in the real world.” Various figures are cited as the source for these contentions, most commonly “the FBI.”

Well, neither of those statements can be proven true based on the information supplied by “the FBI.” The available facts are actually a lot less conclusive than many people portray them as. Consequently, there is a great deal of unsupportable extrapolation of the facts that do exist.

What Do FBI Statistics Really Say About "Gunfights"? - Personal Defense Network

LEOKA-2012-Table-70-assaulted-weapons.jpg

But firearms kill people..............................and if it saves only one life............................bbbaaaahhhhhhhhh...................bbbahhhhhh............
.....police good.................guns bad..............................bbbbahhhhh.............bbbbahhhhh....................

Back
Top Bottom