• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What game animals/birds do you not care to eat?

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
No, not coyote etc... I'm talking about something commonly hunted for tablefare.
I honestly can't think of anything I've tried that I didn't like. :confused: Of course I'm from south Louisiana and have eaten Blackbird and Robin gumbo and thought it was good sooo... there is that. ;)

No, not coyote etc... I'm talking about something commonly hunted for tablefare.
I honestly can't think of anything I've tried that I didn't like. :confused: Of course I'm from south Louisiana and have eaten Blackbird and Robin gumbo and thought it was good sooo... there is that. ;)

Is the Blackbird and Robin gumbo the same dish or two different recipes? Would hate to think what the boudin is made of.

I had a bad experience trying to cut off a bear steak once....rethinking it now, I guess I probably should have shot him first.

Is the Blackbird and Robin gumbo the same dish or two different recipes? Would hate to think what the boudin is made of.
Gumbo is whatever is on hand. So it contained both. We used to shoot blackbirds (starlings, etc) by the truckload to help out the farmers (mostly rice). A redwing blackbird has a lot of meat (relatively speaking) and is very good eating.

Bear is a bit of an acquired taste.
That's something I have no desire to try.

Damn Cajuns! Y'all eat anything.
Truth, however since I'm only 50% pure Cajun, every now and then I'd look at something and say "I don't think so." (No desire to eat opposum or racoon.)

When the time comes there won't be a single song bird left.
Fact. And Red Ryders will be worth their weight in gold.

you care for nutria?

Back
Top Bottom