• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Hand Truck to Use for 440 Pound Safe

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you happen to have a bunch of golf balls laying around, you can roll it on them. Kind of have to think like Egyptians building a pyramid.

My back is worth $10. ;)

GeauxLSU has a good idea - IF they driver will move it for you. If he won't, then you are screwed and your safe is going to have to sit on the side of the road while you go get an Appliance Dolly. Between that and the fact that I would prefer to not have the truck driver helping me move my GUN SAFE into my house and casing the place out, I would prepare in advance. Once you get it into the garage and close, then you can rotate/slide it where you need it.

It may come with anchor bolts (my Winchester did) so you can drill into the concrete and install the bolts from inside the safe. Be sure of the location before you do this!

440 pounds? Why don't you just pick the damn thing up and move it. That's what I would do. Just don't drop it on your toe.

If it does not come with bolts got to Home Depot and get you some Redhead anchor bolts. Real simple to install and worth the extra time! There would be nothing worse than to come home and find out somebody hauled of your whole safe with a set of hand trucks.

It's been my experience that "curb side" typically means "not bringing inside the house". If it's only going to the garage and assuming you don't have a long driveway... I see NO reason the driver wouldn't drag it In the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom