• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is love to you?

After my mother died when I was four and my sister was eight, my grandmother took us and raised us. She worked in a cotton mill to support us. Having a drunk for a "father", we would have ended up in an orphanage. "White Privilege."

Grandmothers love has no boundaries.

Love is mostly an illusion. It fades into and out of view. Often you forget you've ever felt it. Mostly it's just a response to affection from another human or sometimes even an animal. It fades though.

Love is mostly an illusion. It fades into and out of view. Often you forget you've ever felt it. Mostly it's just a response to affection from another human or sometimes even an animal. It fades though.
Dad's been gone 25 years, mom 17. When is it supposed to start fading?

First and foremost is my wife's love. We met 45 years ago in high school. Been together for 44 years and married for 38 years. Smartest, kindest woman I've ever met and an amazing mother/grandmother. Her family knew and lived the meaning of love. Mine didn't.

I love my children, but to me and next to my children, my dogs have been the greatest joy in my life. Scout is gone, but Grace remains.

View attachment 2762564 View attachment 2762565 View attachment 2762566 View attachment 2762567

Beautiful family. Dogs love is unconditional. They don't care about how much you have, or how little.

Back
Top Bottom