• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the dumbest thing you've seen/heard in a gun shop?

Heard at Chuck's on Watson that the reason why their used guns were so expensive is because used guns are getting harder to find.........

That was one of many doozies I have heard at Chuck's..
You can't read any price tags at Chuck's on used guns....they've long ago faded so badly that they are illegible.

Adel Outfitters. About 5 years ago. Young employee at counter giving a 55ish year old buyer advice on the ballistics of a .223 REM.
"Well, you sight in at 25 yards and you'll be back on POA/POI at 300." (so far so good, but here is where my jaw hit the floor)

"Now, the thing you have to remember about .223 is it don't behave like yer .308. The .308 continues to drop but the .223 REM will RISE after about 300 yards."

LMAO! Newton would be spinning in his grave. Where could you hear such a thing other than at a gunshop?

Adel Outfitters. About 5 years ago. Young employee at counter giving a 55ish year old buyer advice on the ballistics of a .223 REM.
"Well, you sight in at 25 yards and you'll be back on POA/POI at 300." (so far so good, but here is where my jaw hit the floor)

"Now, the thing you have to remember about .223 is it don't behave like yer .308. The .308 continues to drop but the .223 REM will RISE after about 300 yards."

LMAO! Newton would be spinning in his grave. Where could you hear such a thing other than at a gunshop?
LMFAO. I swear you put a 16 year old behind a counter and all of sudden he is a gun smith, optics and ballistics genius.

I work with a guy that told me the same thing about 7mm mag. "You've got to aim below the deer because the bullet is so fast that it steadily rises like an airplane as it flys through the air."

:rolleyes:

I once heard a sales guy trash the 45 acp as ineffective because it is so "slow" and then show off an NAA mini in 22 magnum as (I kid you not) "the ideal personal defense weapon".

Back
Top Bottom