• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Most Preppers Ignore About Surviving a Collapse

A friend of mine from church is finishing a six-month hike on the Appalachian Trail. He started in TN in March and will finish next week in central Maine. After he stopped using his heavy winter coat and mailed it back home, his backpack only weighs 10.75 lbs.

I once did a backpacking/ rail trip across Europe, and I thought I would be fine with a 30 lb. pack. WRONG !!! I quickly took 10 lbs. of stuff out of that thing and mailed that junk home. 20 lbs. was all I wanted to deal with for 10 hours a day.

Think about all those overweight people that walk around everyday toting an extra 30, 40 or 50 pounds.:shocked:

I had a friend that recently lost 130#, he is still around 200#.

Not worried about hiking, we'll be bugging in too old and banged up to try hiking. Only case would be hiking home, from not too far away unless on vacation. Both vehicles are equipped to support us in that situation, I am retired and home most of the time, or at the gun club about 11 miles away and the wifey at work about 11 miles in the other direction. Bug home bags include satellite maps of our area, a marked Route home from either location, hand held GPS, 25 mile walkie talkies, and sufficient support items to facilitate the trip. Once home, defense will be per plans and pity the fools that cross the property lines.
Where did you get the satellite maps? I'm trying to find some good ones.

I simply went to Goggle Earth, pulled up the areas I needed, made close ups of obstacle areas and printed em out, marked best routes, laminated and put in bags.

Interesting how the the thread on gear has hundreds of replies but this one (which in my opinion is vastly more important) only has five replies.

Where can I buy fitness? Does Amazon sell it?
Exactly. A lot easier to BUY stuff than DO stuff. My prediction.... the people that DO stuff will simply wind up taking the stuff from the people that bought stuff.

Exactly. A lot easier to BUY stuff than DO stuff. My prediction.... the people that DO stuff will simply wind up taking the stuff from the people that bought stuff.

The best way I heard it summarized from a friend was something like

“How can you plan on defending yourself from an attack when your heart is planning to attack you?”

That's my plan. lol

Ya'll need to hush that talk!

My plan only works if there are only a few us doing it. Let's ix-nay the advertising

Interesting how the the thread on gear has hundreds of replies but this one (which in my opinion is vastly more important) only has five replies.
It's much eas
wont be hard to take after they have strokes, heart attacks or are in diabetic comas.

Back
Top Bottom