• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What things cause you to stop a deal mid-way?

i have 2 guys in the last month. one contacted me, set the price and place. i agreed to both he gave me his numbe to set time. i texted him several.times and no answer. several pms on site. no answer. marked gun as sold . relists gun couple days ago and sells it.

Had a guy pull out $20 less than agreed price, I was like:
:doh:

Ha...Yep you gotta count the cashola!
When I hand over cash I always say, "there you go. Count it up and we're all set." I think some guys are timid about counting in front of the other guy, like they feel as though they are insulting him, but I want them to count it right then and there so there are no misunderstandings. It's square.

Ha...Yep you gotta count the cashola!
When I hand over cash I always say, cheerfully, "there you go. Count it up and we're all set." I think some guys are timid about counting in front of the other guy, like they feel as though they are insulting him, but I want them to count it right then and there so there are no misunderstandings. It's square.
I should have added, he said, "would you take $xx"($20 less). Then he had to go back to his car and get the rest. Guess he figured I would either accept it, or think that was all he had. I said, "No, this is the deal, there's no negotiating now."

i have 2 guys in the last month. one contacted me, set the price and place. i agreed to both he gave me his numbe to set time. i texted him several.times and no answer. several pms on site. no answer. marked gun as sold . relists gun couple days ago and sells it.

Had a rifle listed, member says he'll buy it then backs out. No worry. Like I've said many times. This site is a ****ing joke to sell guns. I listed it on Gunbroker last night and it sold for $200 more in less than 12 hours. ODTCRAIGSBOOK is a great place for posting in Stupid Stuff, not so much for sailing guns.

I should have added, he said, "would you take $xx"($20 less). Then he had to go back to his car and get the rest. Guess he figured I would either accept it, or think that was all he had. I said, "No, this is the deal, there's no negotiating now."

Yeah that's bogus. I agree though you might as well finish the deal so it isn't a complete waste of time...but grudgingly.

**** that guy. I'll get back in the car and leave. Broke dick neckbeards.

That's exactly what I did the one time it happened to me. I simply said, "nope", turned and walked out of his life forever. LOL...He was still standing there as I pulled away. Funny thing was this guy wasn't a nechbeard and didn't appear to be broke. Just cheap. And yeah, **** him.

Had a rifle listed, member says he'll buy it then backs out. No worry. Like I've said many times. This site is a ****ing joke to sell guns. I listed it on Gunbroker last night and it sold for $200 more in less than 12 hours. ODTCRAIGSBOOK is a great place for posting in Stupid Stuff, not so much for sailing guns.
yeah its went downhill years ago.sad thing is these guys had over 100 trades

4. wifey veto
ShowyZestyFallowdeer-small.gif

Back
Top Bottom