• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What things cause you to stop a deal mid-way?

I know we all generally frown on this, but has anyone set up a deal, only to have the seller/buyer/trader ask you to meet them at their residence?

Hasn't happened to me so far, just curious.

I know we're all too smart to agree to this, but has anyone set up a deal, only to have the seller/buyer/trader ask you to meet them at their residence?

It has happened to me twice and twice I ended up sitting in the living room of two fine men having a fine conversation.

It has happened to me twice and twice I ended up sitting in the living room of two fine men having a fine conversation.

Don't get me wrong, They were known members, had nice homes, and I had people that knew where I was.

I edited my inquiry a little, as it was a little too barbed in that it implied negative things about the folks who suggest it. Not my intent. Was more curious about how most gun folks suggest public locations, was just curious about those who have suggested less public meets.

And you make an excellent point...it dawns on me that I don't let anyone know about most of the meets I go to. I....feel rather dumb now, for an obvious safety step that I could be applying...

This thread is more useful than I anticipated, haha. :thumb:

If a member has good feedback or I've traded with them before I see no issue with meeting them at their residence. Particularly if they are sailing a new gun to me at $150 less than retail. (now that I think of it, I am kind of good looking and that might be the "lure" a serial killer uses to git me, LOL)

I know we all generally frown on this, but has anyone set up a deal, only to have the seller/buyer/trader ask you to meet them at their residence?

I've sold stuff at my house. Some people aren't familiar with the town, and it's as easy to find my house as some public place.

It's not a big deal to me. I introduce myself, I have a unique name, and my address is all over the internet.

I meet them locally wherever is convenient for the other party.

Back
Top Bottom