• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What was your very FIRST gun growing up.

I don't remember the exact first gun I had but I'm sure I had one of those snap cap ones. Had a lot of super soaker and nerf guns though. I got a Crossman BB gun at 13 or so years old. Shot a Cricket 22lr around 17 one time. Didn't shoot real gun until I was around 21. A buddy of mine took me to a long range shoot and my first shot with his bolt action 223 was at 600 yards. I hit the steel and was like, that was easy lol. Went and bought a Mossberg 30-06 not too long after. First pistol was a S&W 629, I went big into the recoil category lol.

First actual gun that I bought was a Winchester M-70 30-06 with a Redfield Widefield 3-9 scope. Saved up all summer working as a bagboy to get it.

First actual gun that I bought was a Winchester M-70 30-06 with a Redfield Widefield 3-9 scope. Saved up all summer working as a bagboy to get it.
My Dad has a K-Mart special. M 70 plain jane with an old school Weaver 4x on it. He bought it second hand in the 70s. Not my cup of tea, but it's a nice rifle. Guess I'll try to save it for the next generation

First gun that shot projectiles was some kind of ping-pong ball launcher. I had a heck of a time cocking it.

Actually, I had the same problem with the Daisy lever action BB gun I got when i was maybe 6 or 7 years old.
I had to put the muzzle on the ground (a piece of carpet on my basement's concrete floor, or the wooden deck if shooting outside) and use my body weight to cock the lever.

The first decent-quality "gun" that I used was a Crosman model 140. It was my older brothers. After using it for a few years, my dad put it away "for safekeeping" out of respect for my older brother, and Dad bought me my own version-- by then Crosman had updated it and called the new version the Model 1400. A pneumatic 10-pump bolt action .22 air rifle.
1706720771878.png

Crosman model 1400, introduced in the early 1970s. The model 140 dates to the 1950s.

First gun that shot projectiles was some kind of ping-pong ball launcher. I had a heck of a time cocking it.

Actually, I had the same problem with the Daisy lever action BB gun I got when i was maybe 6 or 7 years old.
I had to put the muzzle on the ground (a piece of carpet on my basement's concrete floor, or the wooden deck if shooting outside) and use my body weight to cock the lever.

The first decent-quality "gun" that I used was a Crosman model 140. It was my older brothers. After using it for a few years, my dad put it away "for safekeeping" out of respect for my older brother, and Dad bought me my own version-- by then Crosman had updated it and called the new version the Model 1400. A pneumatic 10-pump bolt action .22 air rifle.
View attachment 6815812

Crosman model 1400, introduced in the early 1970s. The model 140 dates to the 1950s.
Fine rifle there

Back
Top Bottom