• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What was your very FIRST gun growing up.

Like others on here I can't remember the first popgun, bb gun, cap gun...too many years ago and they were in an endless stream.

First real firearm was a Remington 550-1. Daddy gave it to me and I swear it was longer than I was tall! Still have it and it still shoots sweet!
All these post jogged my memories. Otherwise I may not have thought about it

Now if I'd known toy guns counted; multiple cap pistols etc. The truly great first gun was a Johney 14 that my brother bought and gave me for Xmas, had an M-14 just like him
View attachment 6817755

Now the truly dangerous Guns came years later. At work we got these red thick rubber band that were about a foot long. One year I used my home gunsmithing skills and made two rifles, one for each son then about five and seven. I presented said weapons to them and my EX wife bent over to pick something up just as they got loaded hot. Two seconds later my two sons scored bullseyes on the stretched fabric of her a##. I still don't recall what happened to those rifles.
You have a good enough clue what happened......LOL

Savage Model 24 O/U, .22 LR on top and .410 on bottom. Still have it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-01 12.05.48 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-01 12.05.48 AM.png
    425.8 KB · Views: 1
Bought myself a Glock 26 Gen 3 about a month after I turned 21. Discovered ODT shortly after that and its been crazy ever since
My first handgun was a Hawes 22 single action. I traded my Dad a Kentucky rifle I made from a kit for it. I made the rifle when I was @15 yrs old. Traded my Dad, I guess I was @ 19. Anyways, a guy I knew just had to have it. I didn't want to sell it. I was going to buy a cap and ball revolver, but I realized just before I started looking for one I was about to turn 21. So I could get a real handgun, so I waited. It was just a few months. A Ruger Security Six came up. I only needed a few more dollars more than what I sold the Hawes for. Shortly after that was a Colt satin nickel Commander in 45ACP and the bug was started

Back
Top Bottom