• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Will Happen To You (if) The Dollar Collapses?

During currency collapses and hyperinflation in the past, gold and silver have held their value.
Precious metals are not a solution for a hardcore SHTF situation, you are right. Saying they are worthless is wrong. They always have had worth, they always will.

There is no single product or item to own, besides an off-grid emp proof produce and livestock farm that has fallout shelters and is fully self sufficient, that IS a good solution to a hardcore SHTF situation.

If you are making good money, like oh lets say $80K+/year, it might make sense to keep a a couple thousand in cash and a couple thousand in bullion in a fireproof safe. How are you going to pay for rent/mortgage when hyperinflation hits and the bank wants the mortgage money? It does have reason and history behind it.

If you are making $30-40k/year, It would make more sense to have some cash and use that bullion money for food/water.

Its just not THE one thing you should do to prepare for bad time. Its something that makes sense for some people.
I agree. Most SHTF situations would not be so bad that gold and silver lost value and even if they did they would probably be the first thing to regain value during recovery. I recommend keeping some of both on hand, just not depending on it to solve all problems.

I actually think the most likely SHTF scenario would be an EMP. If that were to happen, the value of gold and silver would be exactly zero. Maybe not immediately, but it wouldn't take long for folks to figure out you can't eat gold.

Bear,
I agree. The only reason to buy gold and Silver now is to prolong your ability to weather a short term SKHTF situation. K= kind of.
Bartering for goods and services is the only way of getting through a prolonged situation once Gold and Silver have lost their usefulness.
Exactly.

That trillion dollars is enough to do us in. As for what they have to gain, much more control of the entire world. Destroying the US economy would basically reset the hierarchy of power world wide and the country that was best prepared to survive it would come out on top. The Chinese think long term and don't need to worry about winning elections. Their ruling class would not care if half their population starved to death if in 50 years they would emerge as the only superpower.

The Chinese had an opportunity to collapse the U.S. financial markets back in 2008. The Russians ask them to but they did not comply. As I see it, they don't have to do anything to cause a U.S. destruction, we are doing that on our own pretty successfully, thanks to the Liar in Chief.

The Chinese had an opportunity to collapse the U.S. financial markets back in 2008. The Russians ask them to but they did not comply. As I see it, they don't have to do anything to cause a U.S. destruction, we are doing that on our own pretty successfully, thanks to the Liar in Chief.
Good point, but it could also be as simple as them not being ready themselves to survive the collapse....yet.

You accused others of having tin foil hats and then you mentioned "banking cartel".

While I agree with you, you must recognize the humor in that.

Yes the irony at that choice of "code word" did occur to me, however I decided to leave it for humor's sake and, it actually is an appropriate use of the word.

The only reason the dollar has not already collapsed is because it is the IMF reserve currency. ...If China ever decides it would be worth the hit they would take to there economy to destroy us, all they would need to do is call in the debt.

Except that "we" (hard to really call the "Ruling Elites" {more code word fun!} "we") control the IMF, and because "we" buy and trade the majority of things traded around the world, we get to call the tune. As is mentioned, China has no interest in crashing the USD party. They are just fine with the current status quo trend where they are getting stronger at our expense. Chaos is... unpredictable.

Can't provide water to entire neighborhood, but have a rainwater collection setup with a ceramic and carbon filtration system in last of the 4 50gal barrels with manual syphon attached. Should be fine for the fam and a few others.

All my money is in toilet paper.
When the poop hits the fan, you will need it to clean the fan ..... and maybe something else!
TP will be king.
Can't use a gold or silver bar and the worthless cash money is too small.
lol

Last edited:
so who has a water filtration system that will allow them to provide for the entire family, friends, and sell water to the neighborhood?
food?
how many people can you arm?

I have an Artesian well on the property, it bubbles right out of the ground.
The county says it puts out over 3000 gallons an hour. (Way more than I would have thought.)

A gallon of Clorox goes a long ways when you only need 6 or 8 drops per gallon.
(58,368 drops in a gallon (I counted, lol), at 8 drops a gallon enough for 7,300 gallons of water, at 6 drops 9,730 gallons)
I have several gallons that get switched out, the older ones get used in the washer.

How many can I arm? :nono: :mod: :scared: :spy:

Back
Top Bottom