• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What Would You Do?

napp

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
45   0
Reaction score
Let's assume that you just recently bought a NIB Glock 19. The gun was a Blue Label. You paid $389 plus 8% tax for a total of $420.12. After one trip to the range where you fired 50 rounds, you decide that you don't like the gun. You decide to list it for sale on ODT. What price will you ask for the gun?

Let's assume that you just recently bought a NIB Glock 19. The gun was a Blue Label. You paid $389 plus 8% tax for a total of $420.12. After one trip to the range where you fired 50 rounds, you decide that you don't like the gun. You decide to list it for sale on ODT. What price will you ask for the gun?

Learn to love it cause I’m not takin a loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might be able to do 450, but 400 seems to be the standard. I second the idea of trying to trade. What don't you like about it?

You might be able to do 450, but 400 seems to be the standard. I second the idea of trying to trade. What don't you like about it?

Didn't mean to imply that I am in that boat. I asked the question because I saw a used Blue Label gun advertised at well over the Blue Label price for a new gun.

I typically look at what they sell for new, and if mine is LNIB I price it $25 below that. Figure that with sales tax, I am closer to $50 under retail.

If it has more wear or whatever, I go down in price from that $25 below retail mark.

Now, take a gun I got a great deal on... I got one of the Shield 2.0 9mm Crimson Trace with light and knife... I would sell that for what I paid, because I got a really crazy deal on one, $249 retail... Most places sell them $350-$400, but I didn't pay that...

To me it would seem wrong to take a gun I paid $250 for a couple months ago because it was on sale, and try to flip it for a profit...

Now, if it was some older gun that I had for years and for whatever reason it actually went up in value, that's different... I would still go by what the new market value is, minus $25 as my starting point, typically...

Back
Top Bottom