• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What Would You Do?

i agree, but i'm a concealed. and i know better than to argue with oc people lol.

Understand, but having made LE my life's work, I guess I am still dumb enough to think that maybe something I may impart can help one father or mother make it home one more day to their kids. At least I can feel that I tried.

I think I'm probably aware of that...however how do you tell the difference at face value or are you saying , you'll just start shooting to get yourself out and to he77 with everyone else
As a state LEO for 30+ years, I never had that option, I always had to consider everyone's safety..even yours.

no i would not start shooting, one shot is all i would need believe me. and if it is just me and the store clerk, that makes it a higher chance that he would shoot us both, it all depends on where you did your LEO work also, I was born in Miami and had guns pulled on me before and I have had people shot and killed in front of me, so i am a pretty good judge of people. there is a big diffrence in people in a small georgia town and people in a drug run city like Miami,Fl

Last edited:
First off I would Ranger roll to the next isle over. Then I would low-crawl to the back of the store and take up a tactical position next to the hot sandwiches and pizza machine. Then I would take aim with a fresh Oscar Myer hot dog and hit the perps in the back of the head with the weenies. As the scumbags turned around (in slow motion of course) I would take aim with my twin .50 cal Desert Eagles and shoot their weapons from their hands. This not only disarms the perps but also knocks them unconsious allowing me to cuff them without a problem. Then I would get the phone number from the supermodel that was working there at the cash register.:cool:

But seriously. A supermarket or gas station is a nightmare tactical situation. The isles are concealment only NOT cover. Bullets pass right through those shelves. A shootout in close quarters like that is a lose lose situation for all involved including bystanders.
the best thing to do is try to wait it out and gather as much info as possible. Only engage the perps if someones life is at stake.

First off I would Ranger roll to the next isle over. Then I would low-crawl to the back of the store and take up a tactical position next to the hot sandwiches and pizza machine. Then I would take aim with a fresh Oscar Myer hot dog and hit the perps in the back of the head with the weenies. As the scumbags turned around (in slow motion of course) I would take aim with my twin .50 cal Desert Eagles and shoot their weapons from their hands. This not only disarms the perps but also knocks them unconsious allowing me to cuff them without a problem. Then I would get the phone number from the supermodel that was working there at the cash register.:cool:

But seriously. A supermarket or gas station is a nightmare tactical situation. The isles are concealment only NOT cover. Bullets pass right through those shelves. A shootout in close quarters like that is a lose lose situation for all involved including bystanders.
the best thing to do is try to wait it out and gather as much info as possible. Only engage the perps if someones life is at stake.

good and funny post.......rofl

no i would not start shooting, one shot is all i would need believe me. and if it is just me and the store clerk, that makes it a higher chance that he would shoot us both, it all depends on where you did your LEO work also, I was born in Miami and had guns pulled on me before and I have had people shot and killed in front of me, so i am a pretty good judge of people. there is a big diffrence in people in a small georgia town and people in a drug run city like Miami,Fl

Oh boy, Vanguard. Wow. The best shooters in the world (that have experienced true stress fire) would disagree.

I can make head shots all day long on the range. I am not LEO, but I am former military and I can tell you that don't happen in the real world.

Also, the emotional aftermath of taking a life has been mentioned here. I can tell you personally and from several others experiences that this is absolutely true with ANY normal human being. Mitch Rapp is a fantasy.

Last edited:

I was a STATE LEO and worked all over the state and adjoing states with their LEOs including places in Florida working with FDLE , US Customs, US Coast Guard et al on Drug Interdiction Programs, TN, SC, NC, did a couple weeks with Los Angeles PD Central Narcotics, and Miami doesn't have a thing on the city of Atlanta when it comes to violence, I worked under cover and other facets of drug enforcement with DEA task forces for half my career, spent some years on the fugitive squad locating and apprehending escaped felons ( you know that small town stuff , drug smugglers, ..rapist, murderers, child killers, cop killers) I've looked at the business end of many firearms and seen many dead..want to compare numbers. You may have seen some things and not trying to take that way from you, but it was my job to search it out see it every day for 30+ years.
I went by what you wrote, seen in the quote below.
Oh, I almost forgot, I did take down a Security Chief for an organized South American cocaine organization in little small town Cumming, Ga. nothing dangerous of course, he was only armed with automatic weapons, live hand grenades and live claymore mines..just small town Georgia stuff.
By the way, just a little helpful pointer......I wouldn't stand before a judge and jury and use 'I am pretty good judge of people as a defense to shooting someone".

you need to understand that some bad guys are repeat offenders and do not want any wittness, so they will kill anyone there, so i am goin to get out alive.

Last edited:

just another ranger, ninja, bulletproof, badass type. great.

[/Qjust another ranger, ninja, bulletproof, badass type. greatUOTE]

Everyone is RAMBO behind the screen. To be perfectly honest I have no idea what I would do until in that situation. I have seen the aftermath of gun fights ( medic for several years) the damage is powerful, to both the ones that lived and the ones that died. I hope I am never faced with having to make that call. I do have to say a great big thank you to Badger and the other posters here who have been the buffer between me and my family and the "bad guy". It has been my experiance that the ones who talk so big and bad about how and what they would do are the first to pi$$ themselves when the SHTF. I am going to go back to one post that either Badger or Bear made. Some people need to reevaluate their decission to CC. Some of the post I have seen need to mature a little bit more before taking on the HUGE responcibility of CC and holding the lives of others in their hands. OK, Soapbox put back in closet now.

I was a STATE LEO and worked all over the state and adjoing states with their LEOs including places in Florida working with FDLE , US Customs, US Coast Guard et al on Drug Interdiction Programs, TN, SC, NC, did a couple weeks with Los Angeles PD Central Narcotics, and Miami doesn't have a thing on the city of Atlanta when it comes to violence, I worked under cover and other facets of drug enforcement with DEA task forces for half my career, spent some years on the fugitive squad locating and apprehending escaped felons ( you know that small town stuff , drug smugglers, ..rapist, murderers, child killers, cop killers) I've looked at the business end of many firearms and seen many dead..want to compare numbers. You may have seen some things and not trying to take that way from you, but it was my job to search it out see it every day for 30+ years.
I went by what you wrote, seen in the quote below.
Oh, I almost forgot, I did take down a Security Chief for an organized South American cocaine organization in little small town Cumming, Ga. nothing dangerous of course, he was only armed with automatic weapons, live hand grenades and live claymore mines..just small town Georgia stuff.
By the way, just a little helpful pointer......I wouldn't stand before a judge and jury and use 'I am pretty good judge of people as a defense to shooting someone".

O.K.,
How did this turn into, I was this and that, badder than him or you?, I used to shoot flies at hundred yards (with my red rider) and my Dad can beat up your Dad with one arm behind his back. Come on guys, it's a legit question and personal opinions and situations vary, no matter what you used to do or where you grew up. Starting to see GON attitudes! Lets have fun, shoot some cans and hope we never need to shoot anybody.
Stay loose, steady and Ready,
1coolhand

Back
Top Bottom