• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What Would You Do?

Yes, but when we provide information based on many years of training and experience, we get trounced upon by the, look at me I have a gun..I'm bad,..I'll this and that bunch until it becomes a total waste of time and exercise in futility to try and be helpful.

If his firearm is visible and you take action there should be no repercussions. He is in the act of a forcible felony. Now then, here's the question you ask yourself how is your aim and verbal actions. "Drop your weapon" in a loud firm tone where others around can hear you, and fire. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. That goes for that innocent store clerk as well. Your defense would be protecting a citizen from harm/death/dismemberment during the commission of a forcible felony. Reasonable man doctrine.

If you were in a store and carrying, and someone came in armed and started robbing the place...would you draw and intervene (if you were not directtly threatened) or not get involved based on possible legal ramifacations if you shoot (or kill) the robber? I have just been wondering what I would do in that situation.

Outdoorsman.
As much as I hate to hear "I'll tell you what I'd do if it was me" I'll offer my opinion. Unless my life is threatened he's running with the money. I'm not playing cop or hero. He can run with his $300 bucks. I'm a witness at that point. If he gets trigger happy and starts shooting everything changes. There have been several robberies in the news the last couple of years where the store clerk complied with every demand made and the robber still shot them.

As much as I hate to hear "I'll tell you what I'd do if it was me" I'll offer my opinion. Unless my life is threatened he's running with the money. I'm not playing cop or hero. He can run with his $300 bucks. I'm a witness at that point. If he gets trigger happy and starts shooting everything changes. There have been several robberies in the news the last couple of years where the store clerk complied with every demand made and the robber still shot them.

This I agree with 100 %.

Yes, but when we provide information based on many years of training and experience, we get trounced upon by the, look at me I have a gun..I'm bad,..I'll this and that bunch until it becomes a total waste of time and exercise in futility to try and be helpful.

x2 on that one

If his firearm is visible and you take action there should be no repercussions. He is in the act of a forcible felony. Now then, here's the question you ask yourself how is your aim and verbal actions. "Drop your weapon" in a loud firm tone where others around can hear you, and fire. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. That goes for that innocent store clerk as well. Your defense would be protecting a citizen from harm/death/dismemberment during the commission of a forcible felony. Reasonable man doctrine.

You always have good comments so I'm not bashing when I say that I bet you meant to say if a firearm is visible... AND he/she displays through their words or actions their intent to commit a forcible felony, correct?

I know you know what you're talking about... somehow I don't think you got your tactical experience watching "youtube" or playing "halo"...

Back
Top Bottom