• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What Would You Do?

Badger, don't be shy when you post. Let everyone know you are LEO. That makes you the expert on this type of thing and I think most would respect that if they know who you are. I had figured out that Ken and Chiefsquirrel are LEO before, but did not realize you were until now. You guys may hesitate to remind everyone who you are because you don't want to come off as a "know it all", but you ARE "know it alls" in this area. You are the ones that have dealt with this day to day as part of your life. So, remind everyone here when they should be listening to the voice if experience.

He77, anyone that has read my posts knows I'm very opinionated about this, but if one of you guys tells me I'm wrong I'm going to listen.

Not bashful ..am retired with 32 years as criminal investigator and over 20 as POST certified LEO instructor and have posted many answers to questions citing my background only to be deluged with the "I don't care what the cops think", "Cops or no cops,I'm gonna kill the perp" type BS from the "tough" crowd.
I've seen hundreds of the type over my years...they express themselves in such a manner as it becomes pretty obvious that they have a potential to be the bully type.
Taking a life is a grave and serious matter. If you are a normal individual, it takes a toll on you the rest of your life..If it were possible, I'd be more than happy to pass that weight on to one of the Mr. Toughs on here who think they want it, who apparently think that its some kind of medal they can't wait to get.
Survival on the street is not a game, there is no reset or makeover and and I can tell you for certain that from some of the comments I've read on this site, most of these tough guys are gonna die in a real confrontation or worse you are going to kill some innocent person who just happens to be there.
Those of us who have made a living at this train and train and run hypotheticals and re-creations of armed confrontations for hundreds and hundreds of hours and still we have accidents and we get killed...but there are those, as someone said in another response, "youtube experts" that have ALL the answers.
It just got to point with me , that I got tired of the crap..you can't teach people that already have all the answers so leave them to their own devices , they'll learn by forfeiting their right to keep firearms, spending time in prison or suffering serious injury or death.hopefully they won't cause an innocent person to lose their life in the process.
I have seen them over the years in classes I have taught and investigations I have been involved in....they are truly in the minority but every now and then you get one. I used to hear it all the time, "I'd smoke him, I' bust a cap in him" by people that have no clue what they are really saying...my standard answer.."You got the easiest part over with, the running your mouth part..when it happens to you then come tell me how great you feel about it.
He's not really there to learn, he's there to keep everyone else from learning.
These are the guys that are usually weeded out in their first year or two for stupid sh**, like calling in a shots fired over the radio and when the investigation is over, you find they made the whole thing up, risking the lives of others who were driving a 100 mph to get to them to help.
You know the funny thing is when I or others like me have replied to posts and the slammers come out and respond, the manner and type of their responses more often than not prove our point.
And the I am going to open carry, I don't care what anyone thinks attitude..you are a bully, you don't carry to show support for the 2nd Amen., or to protect anyone, you carry stand out, to say look at me..but thats okay if thats what you want, please do, because when the guy comes in to rob the place and sees you..while he's killing you maybe some innocent people will be able to get away.
I could go on but enough said and what's the point,the people that really need to hear aren't listening anyway.

And the I am going to open carry, I don't care what anyone thinks attitude..you are a bully, you don't carry to show support for the 2nd Amen., or to protect anyone, you carry stand out, to say look at me..but thats okay if thats what you want, please do, because when the guy comes in to rob the place and sees you..while he's killing you maybe some innocent people will be able to get away.
I could go on but enough said and what's the point,the people that really need to hear aren't listening anyway.

and cue the open carry vs. concealed carry debate

but meanwhile... on topic....

If I were in a situation, I do not know what I would do. According to badger... I would be dead since I am open carrying a full size handgun until I get a pocket pistol for summer weather so I guess it doesn't matter if it were summer... if it were winter I would be concealed carrying so I would stand a chance i guess. Ultimately... i would like to think I would make a decision based upon the countless number of facts of the situation and act accordingly. If I can get away unharmed without having to shoot someone that is my preferred route.

and cue the open carry vs. concealed carry debate

but meanwhile... on topic....

If I were in a situation, I do not know what I would do. According to badger... I would be dead since I am open carrying a full size handgun until I get a pocket pistol for summer weather so I guess it doesn't matter if it were summer... if it were winter I would be concealed carrying so I would stand a chance i guess. Ultimately... i would like to think I would make a decision based upon the countless number of facts of the situation and act accordingly. If I can get away unharmed without having to shoot someone that is my preferred route.

Never said a thing about the size of the weapon...I carry full size 1911's and 4 " revolvers whenever I want to in the summer and you never know I have one and yes I wear shorts and T shirts like everyone else.

Never said a thing about the size of the weapon...I carry full size 1911's and 4 " revolvers whenever I want to in the summer and you never know I have one and yes I wear shorts and T shirts like everyone else.

ima skinny asian dude... that don't work with me. unless i buy stock in FUBU xl shirts... i print under a polo front and rear. iwb are not pleasant at all and I have returned both I tried.

what do you use to CC with summer clothes?

We were asked what we would do if this situation were to occur, And now we "have a potential to be the bully type" . I don't think so bro. If me or someone else were to shoot the perp, I would be ok with that. How come we licensed gun holders are the one getting ridiculed here? I know LEO's cant be eveywhere, but in the type of situation, I'm sure the perp has made sure that there are no LEO's around. I feel that if the real bullies(the one robbing people at gun point) were to get get killed in the act get what they deserve. Screw the jail time, and waisting our tax dollars feeding, educating, and housing them. thats what politicans are for.

ima skinny asian dude... that don't work with me. unless i buy stock in FUBU xl shirts... i print under a polo front and rear. iwb are not pleasant at all and I have returned both I tried.

what do you use to CC with summer clothes?

Regular walking or hiking shorts with a loose fitting t shirt..
I wear for the carry....not carry for the wear.

And let me say this about my reply to bearpugh, I don't care how anyone carries long as its legal but whether you like it or not you portray an image to the people that see you in the restaurant are the same ones that sit in juries. I'm not criticizing open carry per se, I'm trying to make you realize your image.

In the course of invesigations over the years, the general public has made it well known to me in describing neighbors, aquaintences as well as suspects that they percieve people who carry openly as bullish, intimidating and threatening as they see no other reason for the weapon to be shown to them or anyone else going about their routine daily life.

It's all about how YOU want to be seen.

If the time comes for them to sit in judgment, just vecause they aren't sup[posed to comsider that..you can bet in their mind..I remember that guy, he's the one always scaring people by showing his gun..
I want them to see me as that nice guy who always says hello and comments the children on what how cute they are and if he had to shoot somebody, the the guy that got shot must have not left any other choice.

If you want to be the one that goes home, you have to think and plan. and most of all TRAIN your mind set as well as your muscle.
Everyone likes to get on here and give scenarios..I'll offer one.

You are in the store bank whatever, two huys come in one oulls a gun the other holds out a bag, you are genuinely afraid they will harm someone...which one do you shoot?

Last edited:
We were asked what we would do if this situation were to occur, And now we "have a potential to be the bully type" . I don't think so bro. If me or someone else were to shoot the perp, I would be ok with that. How come we licensed gun holders are the one getting ridiculed here? I know LEO's cant be eveywhere, but in the type of situation, I'm sure the perp has made sure that there are no LEO's around. I feel that if the real bullies(the one robbing people at gun point) were to get get killed in the act get what they deserve. Screw the jail time, and waisting our tax dollars feeding, educating, and housing them. thats what politicans are for.

Didn't ridicule any License holder, even though I am exempt, I have one.
A POSTERS OWN COMMENTS PORTRAY HIS IMAGE .
I'm glad you're so sure all "perps" think alike..that of course must include the ones that set deliberate ambushes for LEO's and don't really care who gets in the way.

Back
Top Bottom