• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's everyones fascination with shooting at 1000+yards?

That was Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon. My favorite movies. Takes me back to my glory days. He said " It was the only thing I was ever good at you know. There are only 8 or 9 people in the world that could make that shot." I am referring to the picture in post by ( by pass ),

Well it used to be 500. Now it is 1000, 5 years from now it will be one mile. Today's rifles, optics, rangefinding and ballistic data are making it easier and easier. 500 yards today is an absolute chip shot, you don't even need to be good at the fundamentals at that range.
I was talking to an old man a couple months ago, a WW2 vet. He was telling me they trained with their Garands at 600 yds, with iron sites. Love to have that kinda skill under my belt.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I was talking to an old man a couple months ago, a WW2 vet. He was telling me they trained with their Garands at 600 yds, with iron sites. Love to have that kinda skill under my belt.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yep. Some of us do it with A2 AR15 as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chief is a great guy. Some don't like his crusty demeanor. Just be very aware of gun safety, follow his few rules. If some one else is there and they piss him off, batten down the hatches and let the storm pass. You'll be fine. He will hang out some times and offer pointers or just shoot the breeze. Lots of great stories.

Back
Top Bottom