• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

whats the secret to shooting this?

Hip of course! My 24 year old shot it, dang that hurts....let me shoot it again! 15 rounds later he admitted his wrists felt like they were on fire.

NOT "Real Bright" huh? Well, who WAS, at 24???

stock is the only way to go unless your Arnold Swartzenegger or Rambo.

True THAT!!!....mikey357

True story. I go into Norcross Gun Club and Range looking for a pistol grip for my Mossberg 500. Guy behind the counter laughs and asks if I've ever shot one. Nope, not me, I said.

He reaches behind the counter and pulls out the pistol grip. AND GIVES IT TO ME! He said the last guy bought it, shot it, and returned it.

I mounted it but never shot it that way. The stock is back on now. After reading all these posts...not sure if it will go back on or not...

It won't hurt as long as you orient your hands properly. I shot my 500 pistol grip a ton and never had pain, heck I even shot it one handed with slugs and turkey shot with out any pain, it's all in how you hold it.

Ok, I've shot a lot of stuff over the years. Recently i picked up a Mossberg maverick 88 12 ga. pump with the pistol grip. Not because I really wanted one, the price was just to good to say no. Yesterday I shot it, three times with some high brass no 5's that i had laying around.The reason I shot it three times? Cause I didn't want to shoot it four. Made my wrist sting like hell! I've heard that you didn't fight the recoil on these an that you just let it go. Didn't work. So what is the secret other than low brass shells? An does anyone have a stock they don't want!

I shot my Maverick 88 a few times with buckshot and promptly ordered one of these: BLACKHAWK! KNOXX Black CompStock Shotgun Stock - Select Mossberg Shotguns. Found a place online that was selling them for $66 delivered; my shoulder thanks me each time I shoot high power loads!

88 is a very light SG. Pistol grip is for small spaces and room clearing, if you really needed it you probably would not notice. I keep 12 gauge OO buck reduced recoil loads in my wife's shotty.!

I aint read the rest of this so someone else may have mentioned it but...

If your wrist is hurting while shooting a pistol grip shotgun you aint holding it correctly, you need a cutoff normal stock for that. Don't hold it down at your waist with your wrist bent. Hold it even with your elbow with your forearm about level with the ground wrist straight. If my wife can shoot it I know you can. However you will want to stay away from the 3" slug or buckshot rounds, they aint fun to play with. My wife prefers the mini shells but I aint modifyin the follower to make them run well. She was able to hit what she was tryin to hit at 8 yards first trip, she does however have a tendencay to forget what to do...

Stocks are for old men? That's because they've been around longer...and know that shooting a 12 gauge without one is a whole lot of not fun.

I aint read the rest of this so someone else may have mentioned it but...

If your wrist is hurting while shooting a pistol grip shotgun you aint holding it correctly, you need a cutoff normal stock for that. Don't hold it down at your waist with your wrist bent. Hold it even with your elbow with your forearm about level with the ground wrist straight. If my wife can shoot it I know you can. However you will want to stay away from the 3" slug or buckshot rounds, they aint fun to play with. My wife prefers the mini shells but I aint modifyin the follower to make them run well. She was able to hit what she was tryin to hit at 8 yards first trip, she does however have a tendencay to forget what to do...

This. I don't have a problem with mine. I'm 27 though...

Back
Top Bottom