• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the weirdest thing you've ever bought at a "thrift store" . . . ?

SchmittZoid

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery
282   0
Reaction score
So, occasionally my wife and I go on "Goodwill extravaganza" trips where we hit all the thrift stores we can in a six mile radius.

Most times I am looking for things I can use to BBQ with, my wife looks for clothes, purses, whatever. Sometimes we find a really useful item, like today we picked up two hydraulic adjustable bar chairs for $8 each.

But every now and again you find something that you just gotta have. Today was one of those days.

We really don't need this today, but it kinda figures into our "retirement plans" as one of those off in the future needs.

Besides, it was only $3.99 . . . . . .

Am I weird for buying this, or was it just weird that they were selling it?

Oh yeah, what is it? Well take a look.

What weird thing have you bought at a thrift store?

20190928_200807.jpg

So, occasionally my wife and I go on "Goodwill extravaganza" trips where we hit all the thrift stores we can in a six mile radius.

Most times I am looking for things I can use to BBQ with, my wife looks for clothes, purses, whatever. Sometimes we find a really useful item, like today we picked up two hydraulic adjustable bar chairs for $8 each.

But every now and again you find something that you just gotta have. Today was one of those days.

We really don't need this today, but it kinda figures into our "retirement plans" as one of those off in the future needs.

Besides, it was only $3.99 . . . . . .

Am I weird for buying this, or was it just weird that they were selling it?

Oh yeah, what is it? Well take a look.

What weird thing have you bought at a thrift store?

View attachment 2301374

So, is it occupied?

I bought a wooden wall hanging candle holder...with just a small modification it made a decent little rifle rest.. but I'd still drink coffee out of that urn till it was time to really use it

Not weird, but odd to find at a thrift store; I picked up a T-Berd 224 at a Goodwill years ago for 20 bucks or so. That's a piece of specialty telco test gear that's still worth a few hundred bucks even today.

A CRAZY8 Magic 8ball..
Ya know, the one that you roll around and shake it and then ask it a question and then when you turn it up it gives a Answer..

Works great for the wife and kids ask me a question..I pick it up and roll it over..Aaannnddd

The Magic 8Ball says "Not likely"..
Sorry Honey, the 8ball says NO.
I set it back down and go back to watching TV.

It has been the best $0.50cents I have ever spent at a thrift store.

Back
Top Bottom