• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's Up with Buds Gun Shop??

All I get now is "we are sorry for the delay your item will be shipping soon". I can't find a better definition of ****TY customer service that this garbage. There business model doesn't include repeat customers I guess.

I have been very lucky with Buds Guns in the past. I have placed an order on Thursday and it was at my FFL on Tuesday. The last order I place was about a month ago and it was in the shipping department that same evening. After about a week I called for an update as to when they expected to ship. I was told it was going out the next day and they had between 7-9 days to ship once everything cleared. It did ship the next day and it was exactly nine days. They also said they had a lot of orders coming in already for the holidays.

Buds does not STOCK all items listed. They access several distributors inventory systems and have the guns drop shipped to your FFL. So when you order a firearm and its listed " in stock" it might be at some warehouse, but it could be sold by the time the "buds" order is received at the Distributors end. I receive guns all the time from buds but a majority are being sent from another distributor, based on the FFL I receive.

Reactions: DMR
Damn, did Bass Pro just become relevant?
I hate them but I was (am) in the market for a lever .44. After hearing they'd match online prices and speaking with the department manager I went there to pick up a Henry Big Boy which was priced some ridiculous amount more than Bud's. I confirmed they'd match and they would. I didn't buy it (as I changed my mind after handling one) but I still couldn't believe it. I'll definitely take advantage of that for moderately priced stuff when the tax and FFL fee would make it a push. (No free FFLs on this side of the jungle. :mmph: )

Buds does not STOCK all items listed. They access several distributors inventory systems and have the guns drop shipped to your FFL. So when you order a firearm and its listed " in stock" it might be at some warehouse, but it could be sold by the time the "buds" order is received at the Distributors end. I receive guns all the time from buds but a majority are being sent from another distributor, based on the FFL I receive.
I don't see how that would work and be sustainable in the long run. Companies with a better business model and similar prices may begin to chip away at their business. I personally won't order from them again. The way they operate and lack of customer service stinks.

Back
Top Bottom