• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

When is enough, enough?

Fire4Effect

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
26   0
Reaction score
I am not the type of person to stick my nose in other people's business. If it doesn't harm me, in most cases it doesn't concern me. Maybe I'm wrong in this but I don't want to be in trouble for some one time thing and I wouldn't want to get someone in trouble over a misunderstanding. But as of late some things in my neighborhood have got my attention.

The first thing was a couple of dudes parked in a truck across from my house, normally no big deal but the fact that they had been sitting there for 30 minutes for no reason gave me cause for concern. I wasn't sure what they were up to, but they didn't look like the type of guys I really wanted to have a conversation with. Plus my neighbor who's house they were parked in front of is an elderly widow and there are also children in the neighborhood as well as my own. I called the non-emergency number and reported it, but as to be expected the cop arrived 5 minutes too late.

The second thing is another neighbor who has decided to cover his yard in moth balls. Pretty weird, but it stinks, and come to find out is a federal offense. I don't know the guy who lives there but my neighbor who lives next door wrote him a letter and left him information on the fact that what he had done was a crime and if he didn't remove the moth balls that we would be calling the authorities.

The third one causes me the most concern. Not so much for myself but due to the nature of the offense I am worried if someone doesn't step up someone might end up dead or seriously injured. From time to time about once a week some times less, I can hear violent yelling and cussing coming from the cul de sac across from me. I don't know for sure which house is coming from but it is at least five houses down. Sometimes it's just one outburst other times it goes on for thirty minutes or more. Is it domestic violence, I can't be sure, but sure as hell I can hear it. I really don't want to walk down there and see what is going on, but I also don't want to call any authorities when I can't be certain as to what is going on. I'm at a loss here as to what to do, I don't want to escalate a situation into something it wasn't, but I would hate to find out that some one was hurt.

I would worry more about people parked across the street for long periods of time or the domestic violence. When I was a LEO I would get calls to go to crap like that all the time, but that was my job. Ain't nothing wrong with calling the cops. Take a short stroll just to find out what house the yelling is coming from and then call the cops. We weren't allowed to release who it was that called, so I doubt the people will know it's you. And if they do, who cares, they are disturbing people. Tell them to get some marriage counseling or something. But yea, IMO, enough is enough.

I'm not sure I would care as much about the moth balls, but I'm not the one having to smell it. I think some people do that to keep the snakes away. I don't really have too many thoughts on that one.

I get the same mess out here. Neighbors across the street are pure trash. Honking horns at midnight, yelling, let there animals run loose. One of the kids stole a bunch of guns from a car up the road and was busted for it a couple weeks back. Always traffic in and out, drugs without question. Shame b/c the rest of the neighborhood is nice.

All lol I can do is hope they leave the stove on cooking crack or pizza and burn the place to the ground

Back
Top Bottom