Where did you take Basic training or Boot Camp?

NRTC Orlando, FL July, August, and September 1990 I was in basic with all the guys going to the Nuke program. These guys couldn't walk a straight line. I did many, many pushups for those guys. Saw a fat kid jump off a 3 story building to get sent home. One note about Orlando, FL it was going to be the original Hell but Satan defered because the summers are unbearable.

Did the "toxic waltz" in the Disco Hut at Ft. McClellan Alabama in 1986.
www.3ad.org_48in_images_3rd_bn_class_book_gas_trng_small.jpg
Good Times..........:painkiller:

:lol:

I was in flight school with a dude that went to boot at Ft Knox. He used to tell horror stories about running up two giant hills during PT. "Misery" and "Agony", I believe that is what he said the Drills called them, lol.

Did the "toxic waltz" in the Disco Hut at Ft. McClellan Alabama in 1986.
www.3ad.org_48in_images_3rd_bn_class_book_gas_trng_small.jpg

Fellow cadet at camp on Bragg freaked completely out in the 'gas chamber', I mean crying, screaming hysterically, thrashing about. On the OUTSIDE after we came out! Come to find out when he was in school, he was on some sort of FTX and had a damned CS grenade in his BDU trouser pocket and the pin came out. Showed the burn marks on his leg after he calmed down to prove it. Went to VMI if memory serves.

Ft Dix, NJ, 1984.

Me and 6 guys from the South, everybody else in the Co was from the Bronx. As in Jail or the Army... Most wretched folks you ever met. Our Guidon was furled all but one day of Boot.

Thank God there were three of us that would fight......

Ft Sill for AIT the next summer.

ROTC Camp at Bragg in 87, the Graduated North GA College and Commissioned in 88 to the FA.

I hate the wind as well.

Lackland Air Force Base, arrived March 3, 1970 at really late in evening thirty. 3708th BMTS, Flight 228, TSgt Francis X. Xavier was my Team Leader (TI). Not great, not bad, just 6 weeks of being really busy, being yelled at, being bounced off walls, etc. but I survived and think we only lost 6 out of the original 60 of us.

Back
Top Bottom