• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which gives less bang for the buck?

9mm requires subsonic to take advantage of a suppressor. 147gr and up is usually subsonic. American Eagle Suppressor 9mm is 124 great though.

.22 you have bulk high velocity which is usually subsonic out of a 4.5-5" or less barrel. Then you have standard velocity like CCI standard that is subsonic and then you have subsonic like Remington, Gemtech, and AE Suppressor which to me is even quieter.

.22 is going to be cheaper and quieter to shoot then 9mm.

What can do you already have?

Can't find that American Eagle subsonic 124 gr bullett anywhere online? Are they still selling that?

Can't find that American Eagle subsonic 124 gr bullett anywhere online? Are they still selling that?

You're right. I searched and searched and most places are out of stock. Buds is the only place I found some at. I checked online and Federal still has it listed on their website so I'd imagine its still in production.

IMG_5636.JPG

I tested some CCI "quiet" ammo today. In the basement.
Suppressed, and unsuppressed. From a rifle with a 22 inch barrel, and from a pistol with a 5 inch barrel .

With my AAC suppressor on these host weapons, and without the suppressor

CONCLUSION:
CCI Quiet really is quieter. All the time, under all conditions.
Although when fired from a handgun without a suppressor, it's still fairly loud. I'd say It's hearing safe, but it still sounds like a kids' cap pistol going off --which is a fairly sharp sound that the neighbors could hear.

Shooting CCI Quiet thru an unsuppressed 22" long rifle barrel sounds the same as shooting standard velocity or sub sonic ammo through a suppressed rifle. Very quiet.

Put a can on the end of that rifle and then shoot Quiet ammo through it, and you have something that really is Hollywood quiet. The action and the "thump" of the bullet into the backstop are louder than the shot.

A $30 BB or pellet gun is louder than the suppressed rifle with CCI Quiets in it.

At really short range the only down side is it has almost NO knock down power. At 20 yards it wouldn't knock over the little gopher steel target. Although I doubt there's any steel gophers terrorizing many neighborhoods.

If shooting any distance the bullet drop is dramatic.

Don't get me wrong... they make me giggle when I shoot them they are so quiet. A box at around $8 is certainly cheaper that a $250 suppressor plus a $200 stamp.

I need to get some of these cci quiets that everyone else has, because my cci quiets even through my FVSR are by no means quiet. Way louder than any cap gun I've ever had. Yeah, they're quiet enough to not make your ears ring, but not quiet enough to not alert your neighbor 100 yards away.

I need to get some of these cci quiets that everyone else has, because my cci quiets even through my FVSR are by no means quiet. Way louder than any cap gun I've ever had. Yeah, they're quiet enough to not make your ears ring, but not quiet enough to not alert your neighbor 100 yards away.

try aguila supe colibri they really are bb gun quiet with no suppressor, granted they wont cycle in any simi auto so its bolt gun or manual cycling only. i keep a couple boxes for pests around the house for pests

ag22sc.jpg

try aguila supe colibri they really are bb gun quiet with no suppressor, granted they wont cycle in any simi auto so its bolt gun or manual cycling only. i keep a couple boxes for pests around the house for pests

ag22sc.jpg

I Haven't been able to find these in 4 years or so. I think they stopped producing them, but I'm not sure. I see the colibri , but never the super colibri.

I Haven't been able to find these in 4 years or so. I think they stopped producing them, but I'm not sure. I see the colibri , but never the super colibri.

their hard to find for sure but i still find them here and there. last time was at a gun show and i bought up what all they had

The CCI quiets through my FVSR and old sewer pipe looking 2007 model Pilot are quiet enough that when I shot a squirrel, I could here the bullet hit the tree after passing through. And despite the low speed, he was DRT. Didn't even scurry a bit, just fell like a rock.

Gemtech subs are the quietest I've found for semi auto. My semi needs a little extra oil to run them reliably though.

Quiets are over-rated. No power and wildly inaccurate. I have lots. I'd gladly trade anyone for CCI SV's. Granted they are fun with how quiet they are.

The quietest with enough power to kill a squirrel, and reliably hit it, at 25 yards are the Gemtech and even quieter, the American Eagle suppressor rounds.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...ppressor-22lr-cp-45-grain-50-rounds?a=2145974

Back
Top Bottom