• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which one? Beretta M9A3 or Sig P229/226 Legion

Which one would you rather have? Beretta M9A3 or Sig 229/226 Legion

• Sig Legion

• Beretta M9A3

Results are only viewable after voting.
Really neither... while SIG is MUCH better gun, Beretta can be worked to bring it somewhat close... by the time you invest in springs, metal trigger, tuning, labor and adjusting, it's $200 more expensive than SIG and still not quite there. I much prefer normal, not "legion" version of p229, preferably with German frame and US made milled slide, better in .40 S&W with second barrel in 357, without this rail, with normal sized slide release and in black. You can find it almost at half a price of this "legion". Be a "legion" by shooting well, not by owning some funky expensive gun. When I hold my p229, the real thing, it's all "business". It shoots like no other pistol I ever seen. It shoots 1" hole of 13 rounds (12+1) of quick draw at 25' and 2" at 40'. That's the gun I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER sell. I trust to this gun with this kind of trust that I can only compare to a trust to my wife and my dog. Get SIG, because they are the best, just get a workhouse baby.

I like the Legion just like every other guy on the planet, however, the M9 is a way better value. 3 17 round mags vs 3 15 round mags, Trijicon night sights vs sigs ns, threaded barrel vs ntb, etc... I like both, but don't count the m9a3 out...

Since I was a kid and my dad taught me to shoot on a Beretta 92, there’s just something there I can’t shake. I’d take the Beretta without thinking twice.

Plus, for the money, I take a regular Sig 229 and use the leftover money to buy mags, Ammo and holsters instead of buying the Legion. To me the M9A3 offers much more over the standard M9 than the Legion offers over the standard Sig. But that’s just me.

I own a slew of both SIG’s and Beretta’s......love them both. I’ve carried a P229 as a duty gun for over 15 years and have shot 4 of them into the grave......currently on my 5th issued P229.

One ain’t any better than the other, anyone tell’s you different is trying to sell ya something, or justify the money they have spent. Each have their pros and cons, some do stuff better than the other. If I were buying it for CCW, I’d get the SIG (phenomenal carry piece and still of a size to easily conceal). For a combat secondary weapon, I prefer the Beretta (longer sight radius, slightly more capacity, longer barrel/heavier gun, I can run it slightly faster). For folks with not so large hands, the SIG is the better choice (the E2 grip, combined with the short trigger, is a Godsend to folks with smaller hands). I prefer the Beretta for a suppressor host. For a competition gun, again the Beretta (for the same reasons as it being my choice for a combat secondary weapon).

I was fixing to buy a SIG Legion 9mm when a Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Brigadier fell in my lap for a deal I couldn’t pass up. I bought the Beretta, but I’d have been equally happy with the SIG.

I was NCOIC of the main pistol range at Camp Lejeune my last year in the Corps. I can’t begin to guess at how many M9 Beretta’s I saw come through there and that I personally shot, plus all the M9’s I saw in action for the many years before that. I shot competitively for my battalion shooting team the year before I went out to the range. Put a lot of rounds down range at 25 and 50 yards with a stock M9. That is a rugged, reliable, accurate fightin’ handgun right there.

I’ve been an Agent, Firearms Instructor and Armorer for a Federal LE agency for well over 15 years now, all of that time with the SIG P229 as our duty weapon. All the stuff I said about the Beretta, ditto for the SIG. I walk out the door for work with a P229 on my hip and feel extremely well-served.

I have seen my share of issues with the SIG and the Beretta, neither is perfect, but also neither is better than the other. I put the same amount of “tuning” into my personal SIG’s as I do my personal Beretta’s. They’re both fine guns.

I have m9a3 decocker. For a general purpose gun, I'd rather have a 229 legion. If they would make a m11a1 legion, I would be a buyer.

Back
Top Bottom