• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which would you have if you could only have one?

Which would you have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1911 all metal, easy to customize with grips and magazines are mostly universal/easy to find. the parts on it can be found easy if you need a replacement

Most of those same Marines have been using the 1911 for some time. This will not replace the Baretta as a general statement; these are for MarSoc, Force and a few other SOF/speciallty type units within the USMC as secondary weapons. Marine special operations has grown considerably the last decade. They transitioned to "custom" 1911's that were tweaked out in Quantico, Va back in the 80's (those particular units that existed at that time)

Me, regular ole grunt, with a 1911 that shook like a rattle....but worked very well for the limited range time I had with it.

Last edited:
Most of those same Marines have been using the 1911 for some time. This will not replace the Baretta as a general statement; these are for MarSoc, Force and a few other SOF/speciallty type units within the USMC as secondary weapons. Marine special operations has grown considerably the last decade.

22 million is not that big of a contract in the grand scheme of things but it is very interesting to me that it has not left the battlefield since its introduction.

very true and they are some sweet pistolas (wish I could have one)

I made a few trades to get into one of my favorites. The American Classic has fantastic fit and finish... MUCH better than one would expect for the money

image.jpg

Honestly though regardless of all the back and forth my preference for 1911 is based simply on how it feels in my hand. Even my high cap pistol is a steel framed pistol... They just feel better to me and consequently I point and shoot them better

Back
Top Bottom