• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which would you have if you could only have one?

Which would you have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know you said leave other variables but I am going to pull one in. Glock 9mm vs 45ACP 1911. I choose higher capacity.

If we are talking 45ACP 7 round 1911 vs 45ACP 7 round capacity Glock, I guess I would still vote Glock. I train without external safeties and such so that's how I would want to operate under stress. I know Glock manipulation the best.

I know you said leave other variables but I am going to pull one in. Glock 9mm vs 45ACP 1911. I choose higher capacity.

If we are talking 45ACP 7 round 1911 vs 45ACP 7 round capacity Glock, I guess I would still vote Glock. I train without external safeties and such so that's how I would want to operate under stress. I know Glock manipulation the best.

there is a flip side to that. What about a glock 21 with a 13 round mag VS a double stack 1911.

thats why i said leaving out all other variables. too many out there, I was most curious about the platform preference.

-scenario-

your in a room, a table is in from of you with 2 handguns on it, you get 2 seconds to choose, which would you go for, a Glock or a 1911

the gross amount of ignorance in this thread is more than I can take. We got some straight up dumbasses on the ODT.

If you are referring to some of my digs toward the 1911 - I have done my job. I was trying to piss some people off to pull out the more extreme comments. :boink::boink:

I can respect both platforms, I just prefer Glock due to price and capacity. If a 1911 were not a well engineered gun, they would have faded into history a long time ago.

thats why i said leaving out all other variables. too many out there, I was most curious about the platform preference.

-scenario-

your in a room, a table is in from of you with 2 handguns on it, you get 2 seconds to choose, which would you go for, a Glock or a 1911

In this case, 1911.

No - You can safely carry a Glock with one in the chamber. When the need arises, all you have to do is pull the trigger.

Not the 1911: take the safety off, cock the hammer and pull the trigger. Or if you are cocked and locked - click off safety and pull trigger. Wait - did I lower the hammer? OOOPS to late - you are now dead...

Please don't account for the lack of willingness to train with your weapon as a factor for someone else to not want one. Police departments utilize the Glock because of its VERY basic platform. I would estimate that more than 50% of the officers on my dept are not "gun people". They have only the most rudimentary skills and knowledge of firearms, and frankly I would not feel confident attempting to school them with anything else.

I personally own a Glock and carry a dept issued G21. They're satisfactory. I'm not opposed to them, but given the choice.... a 1911 all day. And yes, train with it as with any weapon.

I'll take the Glock. I shoot one much more than a 1911 and currently that's just what I'm used to.

Now you realize I'm going to try to grab them both, right?

Back
Top Bottom