• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WHITE MEN WHO NEVER CARRY CASH!

There’s a place near my house where they will turn on the pumps without prepaying (or have in the past for me.)
Bentonville, AR too. Outside the airport, little bait & tackle shop. The lady asked me when I went inside, "Well son, you got to tell me how much gas you pumped so I can charge you." LOL, I was like, WTF?!? That system would last about 20 seconds in Macon or Chicago.

Yeah but it's totally safe to walk around with $700 on you, way safer than worrying about online thieves :lol:

It's so hard to "fumble" around on my card when I'm sliding it in the slot at the pump to pay for gas that takes all of 15 seconds. Versus having to walk inside up to the cashier, wait in line behind all the folks buying lotto tickets and cigarettes, to pay for my gas before I pump it and hope I guess the amount right, wait for change, etc. :lol:

Y'all crack me up.
It is aggravating as heck to stack behind lottery ticket buyers.. I’ve left a few stores because I ain’t waiting all day to buy gas

Not true: just this past Tuesday I got a little over $38 in non ethanol fuel for the lawn mower... This particular store will not take checks though. It was another store that I had to write a check. So, I know of at least two stores in Coweta that you can pump before paying.
Wow. Yeah I haven't been to a pump that will allow you to use it before paying in years. I guess there are still a few floating around out there. Too many pump and run thieves.

Wow. Yeah I haven't been to a pump that will allow you to use it before paying in years. I guess there are still a few floating around out there. Too many pump and run thieves.
I can fully understand why they don't do it, but I normally go in to buy something else as well. I told them at Hemrick's years ago that the first time I have to pre pay will be the last time I get my diesel there... The non ethanol pump at Xrds doesn't take cards; so there isn't much option to pre pay.

Card only users: what do you do when you fill up your tank then walk in store and the internet is down? Last check I wrote was for that very reason. But not all stores will take checks...
I drive to another gas station? I haven't walked inside to pay for gas since 2002

Back
Top Bottom