• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who else here loses money EVERY time they sell a firearm?

Would you sell a firearm for more than you paid for it?

• Total voters
Next thing you know I will have to stop buying babies in da hood and selling them to affluent couples in Buckhead & Midtown Atlanta.

Maybe I should make Atlanta a sanctuary city.
Give the immigrants jobs on my food trucks...for goberment subsidized fee...of course.
Tacos, Formula & Pampers your one stop shop.

Sorry for the thread hijack.
In a mood today.

My problem is I have no kids.
My relatives are stupid, druggies or felons for the most part.

The BATF says I can't sell guns if I want to get rid of them....soooo maybe they should buy them from us at current market value.
None of the buy back $25 crap.

My hat is off to the dude that went and sold a bunch of $30 Anderson lowers for $100 each to the cops and the guy who started his own buyback down the street from the original cheapskates.

I have bad news for ya. Profit does not matter. Sell more than the evil three letters think you should and they are going to put you in fmita prison. Look what they did to CRS firearms. Look at how they are stealing FFLS on a daily basis. The end goal is no firearms at all and the deep state is making it happen no matter how they have to do it.

If I sale the exact pistol (purchased on ODT), I price it the same or try to price it the same. In fact, I just sold a Glock cheap because I bought it cheap on ODT. I know buying cheap on here is getting harder to do these days. In many cases, I add something to the pistol, and it changes the sales price, legitimately for a higher price. I am certainly no threat for the ATF to visit me.

I've sold guns here for more than I paid for them, but it was never a quick flip.
When I get a gun I get it for my own use.
Months or years later I may sell it because I didn't like it as much as I thought I would, or I just need the money, or I want another gun but the gun safe doesn't have room for another, So one has to go out before another can come in...

I don't think such a trader or seller would get in trouble with the ATF unless their volume of disposition of guns was very high, and long-term, which would be inconsistent with the idea of acquiring these guns for personal use rather than with the intention of selling them for profit.

Anyhow, if somebody gets questioned by BATF and they refused to answer any questions-- refused to turn over any records-- how would ATF even determine whether the person was making a profit through each sale? Who would tell ATF when you bought the firearm originally and how much you paid for it? If the gun was not used in a crime I don't think ATF has any legal authority to trace it using the 4473 records.

Back
Top Bottom