• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who here drives a BMW?

Here ya go.....this is my 1994 325i that is out of commission. Why is it out of commission you ask?....... because my 17 yo stepson thought it would be a brilliant idea to teach himself how to drive a manual one weekend while his mom and I were in the mountains for a quick getaway. Transmission has gone bye bye.

uploadfromtaptalk1375576136921.jpg

Here ya go.....this is my 1994 325i that is out of commission. Why is it out of commission you ask?....... because my 17 yo stepson thought it would be a brilliant idea to teach himself how to drive a manual one weekend while his mom and I were in the mountains for a quick getaway. Transmission has gone bye bye.

His hind parts would be gone bye bye...right into indentured servitude until my car was repaired. I have a 15YO daughter...and she won't even drive my Optima. Can't say that I want her to either...that Korean has horrible vision restrictions. Long hood...high beltline...high rear glass. You have to know where the car is because you can't always see it...not ideal for someone learning to drive.

His hind parts would be gone bye bye...right into indentured servitude until my car was repaired. I have a 15YO daughter...and she won't even drive my Optima. Can't say that I want her to either...that Korean has horrible vision restrictions. Long hood...high beltline...high rear glass. You have to know where the car is because you can't always see it...not ideal for someone learning to drive.

He is working to pay for the repair. That is why it is still sitting. I refuse to spend a dime on it because the minute I do, he will think he is off the hook.

I still eventually want to offload my truck and this car and get an M3.....but that is gonna be way down the road.

Last edited:

View attachment 214804

Love the E36 era. That one looks clean too. How much You get quoted for a new clutch?

Love the E36 era. That one looks clean too. How much You get quoted for a new clutch?

The exterior is in great shape. The leather seats have started to crack and need to be replaced. The car has always been a secondary mode of transportation, so it being non-driveable hasn't killed us.

The last place that quoted me wanted $3200. At the time I didn't bother looking any further because I knew it would be awhile before I could get it fixed.

I just had a brand spakin new transmission put in the Altima I had sold last week. Now its not sold but at least I figured it out at 119406 miles because warranty runs out at 120k. So Nissan had to eat that bill. Now to try and sell it again so I can get back into a SUV.

Back
Top Bottom