• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who Owns & Carries a Slim Single-Stack 9mm?

Where do you mount that second gun when you’re seated in a booth at dinner?
I can move when I'm seated someplace other than my vehicle. If I can straighten my torso a little I can still do a reasonably fast draw. Granted it's not nearly as fast as I could from a holster at 4:00. However, what I lose in tactical advantage in that type of situation I gain back plus some by being able to place my hand on my weapon without telegraphing if I see a situation that could develop into something that I might need it for. A casual hand in your pocket seldom gets anyone's attention.

I’ve got a list of criteria that my CCW rig has to meet. On that list, pocket carry fails at two of my stipulations. Now, that’s just a list of what a CCW rig/style has to have for ME to consider it I don’t use my personal criteria to try and talk others out of their method of carry.

20171202_121600.jpg

The Kahr CW9 or S9 look and feel good in dry-firing at the gun store counter.

The SIg 365 looks like an excellent choice, too.

But I think I'm going to keep what I have:

1- Kel Tec P32 for really deep concealment while wearing the tightest / most revealing clothing.

2-- S&W 637 snubby for pocket carry primarily.
That little "boot grip" helps with concealnent and a snag-free pocket draw a lot. (This model also has a bobbed hammer and is DAO).

3-- Taurus Millennium G2 for pocket carry in "some" pants, but mostly in holsters on my waistband or belt.

4-- Various bigger and deadlier guns for when I feel the need for more than 12 + 1 rounds of 9mm.

I’ve got a list of criteria that my CCW rig has to meet. On that list, pocket carry fails at two of my stipulations. Now, that’s just a list of what a CCW rig/style has to have for ME to consider it I don’t use my personal criteria to try and talk others out of their method of carry.
I'd still like to hear what that criteria is.

I'd still like to hear what that criteria is.

1. Be able to draw from concealment and fire an A zone hit in 1.5 seconds or less, at 7 yards, standing or seated

2. Be able to draw with either hand

3. Be able to reach my reload with either hand

4. Retain the firearm during strenuous exercise

5. Be concealed

6. Be able to draw while standing, seated, kneeling on either knee, or on the ground

1. Be able to draw from concealment and fire an A zone hit in 1.5 seconds or less, at 7 yards, standing or seated

2. Be able to draw with either hand

3. Be able to reach my reload with either hand

4. Retain the firearm during strenuous exercise

5. Be concealed

6. Be able to draw while standing, seated, kneeling on either knee, or on the ground
Well, three out of six ain't bad. LOL!

I'm good with all six in cooler weather, but in the warmer months I either have to dress to unprofessionally or I end up being too obvious with the wrong people with anything other than pocket carry.

Well, three out of six ain't bad. LOL!

I'm good with all six in cooler weather, but in the warmer months I either have to dress to unprofessionally or I end up being too obvious with the wrong people with anything other than pocket carry.

You definitely have to dress for it. For warm weather carry, I buy XXL, short sleeve, button-up shirts. I take them to my seamstress and she cuts them off to the length I like. No problems concealing a SIG P229 in an OWB holster.

You definitely have to dress for it. For warm weather carry, I buy XXL, short sleeve, button-up shirts. I take them to my seamstress and she cuts them off to the length I like. No problems concealing a SIG P229 in an OWB holster.
I tried something similar, but I have to move and get into a variety of positions when working with dogs and their owners. I got busted too many times printing with a G19 IWB. Most of my clients didn't have a problem with it and we had some good conversations. A few had a real problem with it, so I had to change what I was doing.

Back
Top Bottom