• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who Owns & Carries a Slim Single-Stack 9mm?

Factory Shield 9mm. I've thrown it in the dirt. Shot hundreds of rounds through it without cleaning it and tried all kinds of ammo from cheap aluminum cased junk to exspensive murder death kill bullets and it just keeps going. I bet my life on it every day I walk out the door.

My neighbor, who's new to shooting, is thinking sbout a Sig P365 for EDC. I went online and found numerous horror stories about what a POS they are, and how Sig says there are no problems. Anyone got first-hand knowledge about them?

OP asked specifically about Springfield XDs and Walther PPS, so . . .

I've had several 3.3" XDs's, a couple of 9mm and one .45. The .45 was just slightly too heavy, but otherwise I loved them. Each one was laser-accurate (unlike my eyeballs). They were EDCs, usually IWB but often with a paddle holster if I was wearing a jacket.

I've been carrying a Walther PPS M2 for months now. I can't tell you the measurements, but it feels slightly lighter and slimmer. I got a good price on the LE edition which has the benefit of 3 different-capacity magazines and phosphorus sights. I haven't fired it yet so I might be in for a rude surprise one day. ;-) Assuming it fires well, I like the Walther better then the Springfield.

For beach wear I have an S&W ultra light .38 J-frame, which is light as a feather and shoots well.

I've carried a Bersa Thunder .380. I loved it, but at some point perceived was too weak. Also a Taurus 9mm, and a Kel-Tec PT380. The only one of all that I hated was the Kel-Tec. It was very uncomfortable to shoot and required three trips to the factory for repairs.

Good luck making your decision. In the worst case, you'll have some fun and trade for something else.

OP asked specifically about Springfield XDs and Walther PPS, so . . .

I've had several 3.3" XDs's, a couple of 9mm and one .45. The .45 was just slightly too heavy, but otherwise I loved them. Each one was laser-accurate (unlike my eyeballs). They were EDCs, usually IWB but often with a paddle holster if I was wearing a jacket.

I've been carrying a Walther PPS M2 for months now. I can't tell you the measurements, but it feels slightly lighter and slimmer. I got a good price on the LE edition which has the benefit of 3 different-capacity magazines and phosphorus sights. I haven't fired it yet so I might be in for a rude surprise one day. ;-) Assuming it fires well, I like the Walther better then the Springfield.

For beach wear I have an S&W ultra light .38 J-frame, which is light as a feather and shoots well.

I've carried a Bersa Thunder .380. I loved it, but at some point perceived was too weak. Also a Taurus 9mm, and a Kel-Tec PT380. The only one of all that I hated was the Kel-Tec. It was very uncomfortable to shoot and required three trips to the factory for repairs.

Good luck making your decision. In the worst case, you'll have some fun and trade for something else.

Wait...
You've been carrying a gun for months that you've never fired?
Or do I misunderstand the post?

GLOCK 43 with a +2 Vickers baseplate. I carry Small of the back. I forget it’s there. Used to carry the Shield 9mm with an Apex trigger. But went to the GLOCK 43 after a GLOCK Gunsmith class.

Back
Top Bottom