WHO RUNS A STANDING DEHUMIDIFIERS IN THEIR GUN ROOM

Would like to take credit but it was setup like that when we bought the house. Former owner was a big game hunter and had all his trophies in the basement. He moved to Big Canoe.

Only thing is you have to mount the dehumidifier up high so gravity will pull the water down to the condensate pump mounted next to a/c unit.
My condensate pump for the a/c has to lift about 6 ft as the garage is underground at the corner

I missed the Clorox last year. Earlier this year when I cleaned it I thought I was gutting an Octopus.

It's getting Clorox this year.
Mine's been running out there for 3 years and I haven't had to run anything through it. Every time I dump it it's just like pouring spring water out of it no kind of funky slime or any kind of mold or anything like that. Just a hell of a lot of water.

Had one in my gun room for 10 years
.simply pipe the water.out of the house through a short water hose and a hole in the hardie plank..
That's what I have done. Dumps out about 6 foot from the structure. It's just that damn pump noise. Sounds like a two cylinder compressor running on one cylinder. As a matter a fact it's not running now which means it's time to dump it.

I have a large dehumidifier in the basement and It stays dryer down there than inside the house. Mine pumps outside through a small hose vs collecting in an internal bucket

Back
Top Bottom