• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why People Hate Glocks?

I have been shot at and have returned fire. I have been blown up and slammed into the turret and crawled over walls and through ditches. The only weapon that is not on safe is the one in my hands. The M-4 on my back was on safe the beretta on my hip was on safe and the grenades on my side had duct tape on them. But, the M-249 in my hands was on red. The 50 BMG in my turret had a round behind the butterfly in case I was slammed into the front of the turret again by a blast or a crash.

It has no safety.
It is shaped like a box.

Other than that Glocks are fine weapons.

You mean no "external safety mechanism"...cause there are actually more safeties on a Glock handgun than there are on any revolver. Glocks all have three safety mechanisms: 1) the trigger safety, 2) the firing pin safety, and 3) the drop safety. The only way a Glock handgun will fire is for the trigger to be pulled fully to the rear.

But lets be real civilians never low crawl or jump fences or ever do anything that would require a fully functional firearm for any type of engagement. All they need is "It goes bang when I squeeze the trigger. So its awesome."

The whole "this is my safety" - points at finger line is a joke. Try shooting moving and communicating and switching between primary and secondary weapons with no safety. Slap that AR over to your side and grab that secondary without putting the safety on on your primary. Tell me what its like when you have to dig the bullet out of your leg because you bumped the trigger. Pull that glock out of that holster then slam it back in after you use it. How do you think the new hole in your knee is gonna feel. Safeties are important to people who ever do anything other than just shooting.

I mean this.^

You mean no "external safety mechanism"...cause there are actually more safeties on a Glock handgun than there are on any revolver. Glocks all have three safety mechanisms: 1) the trigger safety, 2) the firing pin safety, and 3) the drop safety. The only way a Glock handgun will fire is for the trigger to be pulled fully to the rear.

I keep every weapon chambered, as well as my Glock.
Who said you can't keep it chambered?
I also have a 2.5lb trigger on my 29sf, and it's chambered with Underwood 135gr 1600/767 ammo
Only pansies carry guns unchambered

Glocks are great guns, they simply work.
But, just because using a Toyota to get from A to B works, does not mean it works better than doing it in a Porsche.
Glocks are for people who have limited expectations of what a gun should be like.
Also, Glock fans will argue that their guns will do anything any other comparable brand can.
Yes, their ergonomics are brick like, but I don't see anyone selling bricks with a Glock stamp on it.
Glocks are a perfect example of something that works "good enough" for most people who can't afford something better. Denying that is ignorance.
My excuse for still owning one? No other reliable compact in a 10mm. Besides that, I wouldn't buy another one.

Glocks are great guns, they simply work.But, just because using a Toyota to get from A to B works, does not mean it works better than doing it in a Porsche.Glocks are for people who have limited expectations of what a gun should be like.Also, Glock fans will argue that their guns will do anything any other comparable brand can. Yes, their ergonomics are brick like, but I don't see anyone selling bricks with a Glock stamp on it.Glocks are a perfect example of something that works "good enough" for most people who can't afford something better. Denying that is ignorance. My excuse for still owning one? No other reliable compact in a 10mm. Besides that, I wouldn't buy another one.
I can afford any gun I want. I have found nothing that does the job better for me than a Glock.

Back
Top Bottom