• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why People Hate Glocks?

I just got my first glock from a super nice fellow on this site. The glock 20, and I shoot it better than any other pistol I have. The reason I waitied is I just refused to believe that they glock could be so good for so long and not have anyone pass them in reliability, function.... To me, it meant that pistols weren't getting any better and I refuse to believe that we stopped progressing. Now that I have a glock I like them and to anyone who doesn't know, the customer service is amazing! I would like to see advancement though, as good as something is I have to believe somehow, someway, we can improve on it!

I just figured I would start a little controversy, I have seen several people on this forum and others where people just say that they hate a Glock. Is there any special reason why or is it just cause? I personally have owned more than my share of Glock probably and they have always went bang. (every single time you pull the trigger). I will and do trust them with my life. There is also the customer service at Glock its top notch and I don't know if anyone in the industry can beat it.

If anyone can give me a good reason they don't like a glock besides it not pretty I wanna hear it.

It has no safety.
It is shaped like a box.

Other than that Glocks are fine weapons.

I point and the grip angle has my natural point of aim in the sky, racking the slide with sweaty hands, what a joke. Its like holding a brick or piece of a 2x4 and the frame is slick as hell.

I prefer my guns with No safety and I teach my daughter not to rely on them. Tour mind and finger are the only safeties a firearm should possess

Until you accidently bump the trigger on your chest rig or leg rig while low crawling through a sewer or going over a fence.

But lets be real civilians never low crawl or jump fences or ever do anything that would require a fully functional firearm for any type of engagement. All they need is "It goes bang when I squeeze the trigger. So its awesome."

The whole "this is my safety" - points at finger line is a joke. Try shooting moving and communicating and switching between primary and secondary weapons with no safety. Slap that AR over to your side and grab that secondary without putting the safety on on your primary. Tell me what its like when you have to dig the bullet out of your leg because you bumped the trigger. Pull that glock out of that holster then slam it back in after you use it. How do you think the new hole in your knee is gonna feel. Safeties are important to people who ever do anything other than just shooting.

Last edited:
Until you accidently bump the trigger on your chest rig or leg rig while low crawling through a sewer or going over a fence.
Your holster should cover the trigger guard. If you are trecking through heavy brush or obstacles, your firearm should not be chambered.again, safety is no substitute for your mind. Safeties are mechanical devices that can fail.

But lets be real civilians never low crawl or jump fences or ever do anything that would require a fully functional firearm for any type of engagement. All they need is "It goes bang when I squeeze the trigger. So its awesome."

Sorry. But I have hunted the nastiest woods of Mississippi, went through the thickets, kudzus etc when I couldn't find a path. Firearm stays unchambered. In the event your safety fails, you could be killed.

Back
Top Bottom